Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer DSP9024 multi-processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer DSP9024 multi-processor?

I just heard of a great deal on the DSP9024 which is a multi-band(6-band)stereo dynamic effects processor which claims:

2- 24-bit signal processors
    "inaudible" compressors
    super-precise gates
    and a multiband exciter

sounds like an all-in-one solution for my V-Concert outboard rack! Has anyone heard one or used one???

It lists for $459 On sale for $179
    TD-10/TDW-1vc, 3-PD120, 2-PD100, 2-PD80, 2-KD7, 3-14C, 2-15R, SPD-20, 2-ECymbal II splash, 1-ECymbal II china, 2-IronCobra kicks, 1 angry ex-wife.

:eek: " I see drum people"

For the money, itís worth a try plus you will be able to have remote control for it via your PC (ones available) as well. I have heard of it but never tried it. I almost went for an analog piece like it - http://www.focusrite.com/products/platinum/p4.html & http://www.focusrite.com/products/platinum/p5.html

Although these kind of units are used primarily in the final mix down phase, they finding their way in racks for tracking live sound and since the manufacturers are trying to create gear for multipurpose use, these new units are making an impact for overall applications. These kinds of units seem to incorporate the necessities needed by a musician to get good results.

So get it and let us know what you think. I wanted to get some feedback on the digital units anyway, so maybe you can test drive one.

PS: Do try to find out why the price dropped. I have known stores to overstock on Behringer units and end up reducing the price in the processes to move inventory, try to inquire to the reason for the lower price.

Also try to contact Behringer and ask them outright if they had a lot of returns for the unit; tell them you are a dealer and you want to get a lot of them because many have asked for them.

------------------
    Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer DL-241, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited December 27, 2001).]
    Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
      PS: Do try to find out why the price dropped. I have known stores to overstock on Behringer units and end up reducing the price in the processes to move inventory, try to inquire to the reason for the lower price.
      Behringer is famous because of their cheap stuff. The DSP-9024 is one of their more expensive products so people hesitate to buy it.

TC is famous for making expensive products. Now that they've started to make "cheap" products lots of people wanna buy it.

------------------
      http://mpcman.flappie.nl
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
      X