Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Included In The BOX>???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Included In The BOX>???

What is included in the box set of the V-Session Set besides the v-drum, v-cymbols & TD10 module(Red)?
    I am under the assumption that all I need is a snare stand and cables? Am I correct? Thank you in advance for anyone that want's to tackle this question. The picture is cute, but is the snare stand optional on this kit?
    Kick Pedal
    Snare Stand
    Cables
    Monitoring Kit
    Cymbal hardware?

All stereo cables are included for the pads. You'll need a snare stand, kick pedal, throne, headphones, & 2 instrument cables, only if you plan on using an amp.

For a quality snare stand, I'd go with the DW 9300 series. I bought the 9303 piccolo snare stand & it exactly fit my PD80R, snare. The 9300 will probably fit a PD120 or PD100 perfectly.
    Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I'm anxiously awaiting the new kit for my spoiled xmas present! I've taken your advice on the 9300. I've seen that in Mars and loved it. It's a quality stand that doesn't wobble.

As far as the instrument cables, we're talking ring & sleeve such Monster Instrument Cable P500-IK-12? What would you recomend for a quality cable to connect to my Amps other then the cheap patch cables. Or would it even matter.
      Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by Jamo (edited December 18, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo:
        ...What would you recomend for a quality cable to connect to my Amps other then the cheap patch cables. Or would it even matter.
        Thanks again.
        You can assign the drums to any of the eight outs, so if you have enough ins, (i.e. a small submixer) you could use up to eight cables. Two will suffice if you like. The TD-10 does not provide "balanced" outs, so good cables are advisable. I use Monster and have found them to be sufficient, but got even better results having the power supply externalized from the TD-10 at an electronics shop.

Comment

I am under the assumption that all I need is a snare stand and cables? Am I correct
          Jamo - In addition to what has already been mentioned, I strongly recommend that, as with anything electronic, electronic drums work best with electronic sticks. Preferrably the wireless type. Believe me, the added expense most defintely offsets the advantages they provide. Most xlnt search engine here will provide you with all relevant data.

Enjoy,
          -Marc.( )

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I'm anxiously awaiting the new kit for my spoiled xmas present! I've taken your advice on the 9300. I've seen that in Mars and loved it. It's a quality stand that doesn't wobble.

As far as the instrument cables, we're talking ring & sleeve such Monster Instrument Cable P500-IK-12? What would you recomend for a quality cable to connect to my Amps other then the cheap patch cables. Or would it even matter.
            Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by Jamo (edited December 18, 2001).]
            Jamo,
            if you're getting a DW snare stand, get the 9303, it's purposely made for snare drum diameters of 12" and smaller, you won't regret it. There's a bit too much play with a regular stand IMO.
            Cables, I use Monster cables now, but when I started I had some good experiences with the cheaper ProCo cables you can get at Sam Ash for $20 each.

Stu
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Working...
            X