Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TDW1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW1 question

Hi everybody,

I was planning to buy a TDW1 expansionboard and I read a lot about it. One thing I do not really understand. The prospects tells that the toms/crashed volume slider on the TD-10 is separated into two different sliders after installing the TDW1. How did they do that? And which slider is what after installation.
    Another question, did I understand it right that after installing the board you can still get to your original default- and user kits and copy it to a free kit number?
    Thanks for the reply!

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
    Meneer Van Zanten (sorry, in Dutch)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Hi, Peter:
    Not sure about the first question as my TD-10 came with the TDW-1. As for the second question, yes, you can access all the original 50 kits and the new 50 kits, in fact, you put any combination you want of those kits in the user area by copying. The problem is, you will need to back up any changes you have made to your current kits if you want to save and reload them, otherwise, you will end up with the original 50 at factory default, (plus the new 50).

Comment

Peter- In regards to your first question....Yes, with theTDW1 expansion, you do have separate tom and crash cymbal volumes. the did not individually break down the crashes or toms, but they did separate the two...great feature. This is down with a shift function that was not on the original module. The additional kits, additonal volume controls, quality brought to the cymbals, etc made the expansion card a no brainer in my book. I could not imagine having a kit without one.....
      Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
      Presonus Firepod
      Reaper
      Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Another neat feature about the sliders is that when you turn the shift function off, you control the backing and click volumes with sliders. So you really get quick separate access to volume control on kick, snare, hats, toms, cymbals, ride, backing and click. With all the other improvements in the TDW-1, it's well worth it.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

dr Kildrum, Steve and Boingo, thanks for your input!

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
          Meneer Van Zanten (sorry, in Dutch)
          My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Working...
          X