Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Anyone know about keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about keys?

Greetings all...

I've been away for quite a while... I check in from time to time, I'm gladd to see everything still up and running. I have a non-V question I hope some of you could help me with...

My sister is planning to buy a keyboard for her boyfriend. He's mainly looking for a decent piano sound... nothing too frilly, maybe some recording, midi isn't needed... and I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on what names to look at and things like that... While I'm not a big fan of musicians friend, I was looking at their site and found some Yammy and Roland keys that looked like they might fit the bill... Can anyone comment on the Roland EM-15 or -25?

Thanks for any and all...
    rus
    \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Originally posted by rus:
    Greetings all...

I've been away for quite a while... I check in from time to time, I'm gladd to see everything still up and running. I have a non-V question I hope some of you could help me with...

My sister is planning to buy a keyboard for her boyfriend. He's mainly looking for a decent piano sound... nothing too frilly, maybe some recording, midi isn't needed... and I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on what names to look at and things like that... While I'm not a big fan of musicians friend, I was looking at their site and found some Yammy and Roland keys that looked like they might fit the bill... Can anyone comment on the Roland EM-15 or -25?

Thanks for any and all...
    rus
    I don't know didly squat about keyboards but I did want to say Hi. It has been a while. What have you been up to since you moved and sold your stuff?
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

We bought the Roland EM-15 for our daugther. It's a good keyboard to practice with.

Sounds? Mmmm.... typical Roland. When listening to the built-in demo it's sounds great. All dynamics and effects are in it. You won't believe this is a budget keyboard. But when playing on it in real live, it's kinda moderate. But for the prize we can't complain...

Nevertheless: with a few more dollars Korg and Yamaha have the better sounds.
      Robert

Comment

I've heard anything from Kurzweil is supposed to be great.

try www.sweetwater.com They may not be the cheapest though. If that website doesn't work try www.sweetwatersounds.com It's one or the other. I can't remember.

[This message has been edited by Eric (edited December 02, 2001).]

Comment

Roland xp-10
          Korg xd5
          Kurzweil sp-76

I've seen them between $400-600

those Roland/Yamaha PSR type keyboards with the built in speakers in that price range are ok for entry level keyboards or practice...I tried recording once with one of the those and the outputs were as noisy as hell.....

Comment

I use a Roland EM10 (been replaced this year in the Roland line by the EM15) and a Roland RS5 synth/keyboard. I love 'em! They sound simply fantastic, with the obvious nod going to my RS5 for more clarity and quality (it's more than double the price of the EM10).

The EM10 however, if you work with it some and tinker with EQ a bit, it works really well for home recording. I've used it on nearly every track I've recorded...now, I'm starting to use the RS5 more. But the EM10 is better to me, for working out ideas for beats and melodies. Plus, I actually prefer some of it's sounds to the RS5.

The EM15 is a great little keyboard for the buck.

------------------
            Dan's Music Site, plz have a listen :^)
            Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Working...
            X