Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More on Low-Cost Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Low-Cost Cases

A fairly common topic here has been lower-cost options for cases for the V-Drums. My previous case for my V-Pro kit, a large tupperware-like opaque container with casters, served me fairly well for about a year, and was a bargain at $20.

It finally caught up to me Friday night, and a piece of it cracked off while loading out at a gig. Nothing got hurt or broken, but since the rainy season is in full swing here in Seattle, I knew I needed a replacement. Fast.

Went to Lowes (home improvement store, akin to Home Depot), and found something really cool! Rubbermaid model 2463 wheeled Roughtote large-capacity storage box. The dimensions are roughly 42" X 20" X 21". Capacity is 45 gallons, and it works much better than my old case. The wheels are very heavy-duty, the construction is quite rugged, and it holds:

- 2 PD-100's
    - 2 PD-120's
    - 1 PD-9
    - 1 PD-7
    - single kick pedal w/KD-7 attached
    - stick bag
    - snare stand
    - Roc-N-Soc Nitro throne
    - various spare cables, power strip, felts, etc.

...and there's still room! I can almost fit my entire cymbal bag in it, too, and probably could with a little more creative packing. The whole thing is well-designed and rather rugged, and incorporates 4 latches for the lid, and comfortable rounded handles on each end.

$20 for this!

Check www.rubbermaid.com for more details.

-Danny
    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

As a related follow-on, Lowes also had an aluminum tool box. The thing lookded like a small, fat ATA-style briefcase. It had perforated foam on the inside, 2 locking latches, and adjustable dividers for the inside.

It was a perfect hard case for my TD-10, so I bought it. Once again, $20!!!! I molded the foam inside to fit perfectly, and had room for a row of divided compartments on the side of the TD-10. These hold my mini-headphones, power cord, headphone extension cord, and some miscellaneous tools & drum key.

I can't stress enough what a great deal this little thing is! Hope someone else can benefit from my weekend shopping...

-Danny
    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Another low-cost case idea:

Lowe's offers a hard-sided truck bin (trunk) for around $50. Comes with a lockable latch mechanism. The one's I've seen are black, made of heavy plastic and have a very sturdy top (with grooves). Wheels could be assembled very easily!

Approximate dimensions: 42" x 22" x 18"

This unit is about half the size and looks like the chrome tool bin in the rear bed of pickup trucks!

Comment

Working...
      X