Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Official Discussion Topic: Headphones

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kat percussion headphones isolate well and sound pretty good.I think they're about 70.00$.

Comment

• I use the V-moda LP2. Has the low end I expect when hearing drums but also has very balanced highs and un-neutered mids. Love them.

Comment

• adding to this post as requested.

I just got these last week and to say I’m impressed using them on edrums is an understatement. I remember someone asking about headphones that could go loud enough without distorting. These ones can.

My headphones I already have are a set of DT770, AKG Q701 and sennhieser momentum over ear wireless. I have yet to do a big comparison but a quick one as far as edrumming is concerned.

DT770 these have been my go to headphones for the last few years. Good sound although they started having trouble with SD3 huge bass drum sounds on the Ludwig kits. Also used on adrums well.
        Q701 I only use for mixing which they are really good for. No good for edrums as open back and cant get a decent level without distorting.
        Momentum surprisingly good for edrums and adrums. Suffer the same problem as the DT770 with the bass drums on SD3. I use wired for e and adrums.
        DT1770. Seem to be able to play at ridiculous levels that I wouldn’t recommend. Clarity is brilliant. With SD3 I feel like I really am playing adrums. Very revealing and great separation. If I was getting headphone for mixing I would probably go for the open back ones they do as they are not quite as open sounding as the Q701. They do however seem to show how the mix sounds over speakers better than the AKGs so I will probably do a bit of going between them when I can’t mix on my speakers. These use the new Tesla drivers which means little to me but they do sound good with drums.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

• Just want to share experience with the Sony WH-1000XM2 noise-cancelling phones here: I bought these phones in Summer for a really long flight, and for that use they are great, noise-cancelling works fine also works to dampen acoustic stick noise when used when playing on the E-Drum kit. But from an audio perspective they really sound poor at least compared to my Sennheiser's, and with active noise cancelling on, too much coloring of sounds, emphasizing lows and highs. So thumbs down for this pair!
          E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz173edtgc...14709.jpg?raw=1
          A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
          TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

Working...
          X