Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-cymbol upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-cymbol upgrade

I purchased the TDW upgrade last year some time, before the V-cymbols were released. My understanding is the V-cymbols require this upgrade. What I dont know is, does my TDW upgrade contain the appropriate software to support the V-cymbols? Does anyone know how to verify this? If it doesn't, can I get a TDW upgrade?

When you power up your TD-10, the brief splash screen that shows during power up will say something about "with V-cymbals" (I believe) if you have the TDW-1 that supports V-cymbal control. Sorry I'm away right now so can't look at it. But, bottom line, the splash screen will tell you if you have V-cymbal control I believe.

Comment

thanks all, I believe my "splash" on powerup does not say anything about v-cymbals. So seems like an upgrade is in order. I suppose its Roland Support and for me.

Comment

Make sure you call Roland for an RA# before sending it in. I paid Roland $10 to send the thing back to me UPS Red(overnight) The whole process took a week. They have a pretty good turn around. The best thing is that your settings don't change the bad news is that you can't use your V's till it comes back.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

O.K. I double checked. If you have the original TDW-1, at the bottom of the brief "splash" screen it will say "EXPANDED". If you have the more recent TDW-1, on the "splash" screen at the bottom, it will literally say, "V-Cymbal Control" instead of "EXPANDED".

If you have the TDW-1 expanded and haven't upgraded to V-cymbal control, I would strongly recommend doing so, no matter what cymbals you are using.

Comment

yes, an upgrade seems like the right thing to do whether I get the v-cyms or not. I suspect that the upgrade not only includes the v-cym software but it also includes bugs to date. I will call Roland for an RA number.

As a side question, are the v-cyms worth the price? Or should I consider other manufacturers?

Comment

Originally posted by sames:

As a side question, are the v-cyms worth the price? Or should I consider other manufacturers?
              My opinion only...no and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by sames:
                ...As a side question, are the v-cyms worth the price? Or should I consider other manufacturers?
                Depends and yes. They are the best feeling and triggering e-cymbals I have tested (my opinion), but whether they are worth the price they cost to you, only you can answer. You should try everything you can before deciding.

Comment

I just got the upgrade/promo package in from Roland...the one, if you got the v-concerts. Anyway; after having heard the ride and general all around change in dynamics I'm going V-cymbals all the way around.I can't believe the difference in the sound...I have the PM-3 ( Another debate ) and the cymbals are simply ear splitting at factory settings.Crisp,sharp..love 'em.

Good stuff,man...good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                  X