Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-cymbol upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-cymbol upgrade

I purchased the TDW upgrade last year some time, before the V-cymbols were released. My understanding is the V-cymbols require this upgrade. What I dont know is, does my TDW upgrade contain the appropriate software to support the V-cymbols? Does anyone know how to verify this? If it doesn't, can I get a TDW upgrade?

When you power up your TD-10, the brief splash screen that shows during power up will say something about "with V-cymbals" (I believe) if you have the TDW-1 that supports V-cymbal control. Sorry I'm away right now so can't look at it. But, bottom line, the splash screen will tell you if you have V-cymbal control I believe.

Comment

thanks all, I believe my "splash" on powerup does not say anything about v-cymbals. So seems like an upgrade is in order. I suppose its Roland Support and for me.

Comment

Make sure you call Roland for an RA# before sending it in. I paid Roland $10 to send the thing back to me UPS Red(overnight) The whole process took a week. They have a pretty good turn around. The best thing is that your settings don't change the bad news is that you can't use your V's till it comes back.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

O.K. I double checked. If you have the original TDW-1, at the bottom of the brief "splash" screen it will say "EXPANDED". If you have the more recent TDW-1, on the "splash" screen at the bottom, it will literally say, "V-Cymbal Control" instead of "EXPANDED".

If you have the TDW-1 expanded and haven't upgraded to V-cymbal control, I would strongly recommend doing so, no matter what cymbals you are using.

Comment

yes, an upgrade seems like the right thing to do whether I get the v-cyms or not. I suspect that the upgrade not only includes the v-cym software but it also includes bugs to date. I will call Roland for an RA number.

As a side question, are the v-cyms worth the price? Or should I consider other manufacturers?

Comment

Originally posted by sames:

As a side question, are the v-cyms worth the price? Or should I consider other manufacturers?
              My opinion only...no and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by sames:
                ...As a side question, are the v-cyms worth the price? Or should I consider other manufacturers?
                Depends and yes. They are the best feeling and triggering e-cymbals I have tested (my opinion), but whether they are worth the price they cost to you, only you can answer. You should try everything you can before deciding.

Comment

I just got the upgrade/promo package in from Roland...the one, if you got the v-concerts. Anyway; after having heard the ride and general all around change in dynamics I'm going V-cymbals all the way around.I can't believe the difference in the sound...I have the PM-3 ( Another debate ) and the cymbals are simply ear splitting at factory settings.Crisp,sharp..love 'em.

Good stuff,man...good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                  X