Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Where to buy trigger cones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy trigger cones?

Do I get them directly from Roland, or is there a music place on the web where I can order from?

If only available from Roland, is there an 800 number (I'm afraid I'll be on hold for 45 min.)

Call Roland Customer Service. You should not be on hold long at all. Make sure you specify blue or black. Turn around time is quite fast.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
      Call Roland Customer Service. You should not be on hold long at all. Make sure you specify blue or black. Turn around time is quite fast.
      I doubt you can even order blue ones anymore. Last time I ordered cones, the Roland guy was going to give me a choice of blue or black and said they no longer have any blue cones left. The black are apparently supposed to be "new and improved" over the blue -- they are more expensive by a few bucks anyway... ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
      Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
      Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

Is it possible to buy the piezo transducers as well???
        DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Hi Casper,

I went to my local electronics shop in Alkmaar and asked if they had triggers. First thing the guy said was; NO. Then I continued talking and it became obvious that he didn't really understand what it exactly was that I was looking for.
          Then the guy said; "hey maybe I know what you mean". So he started searsching and found me a trigger
          It looked the same as the trigger shown on the page below. A Dutch member of ddrums.com has a pic over there of a trigger he has bought at a local electronics shop, so it is certainly available over here. http://www.ddrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000101.html

Greetings,
          Pieter

------------------
          http://mpcman.flappie.nl
          Music was my first love...

Comment

Caspar,

Another idea to find triggers:

The piezo triggers are also being used as small speakers, such as in greeting cards that have music when you open them.

I have made two perfectly working pads myself, just using piezo speakers. If you never throw anything away, such as I do, you probably have a couple of triggers already without knowing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiadian:
              Caspar,

Another idea to find triggers:

The piezo triggers are also being used as small speakers, such as in greeting cards that have music when you open them.

I have made two perfectly working pads myself, just using piezo speakers. If you never throw anything away, such as I do, you probably have a couple of triggers already without knowing it!
              And what happens now when you open up one of those pads? Do you hear a christmas song!?

LOL

------------------
              http://mpcman.flappie.nl
              Music was my first love...

Comment

Thanks for the tips!
                When i've got some results I'll let you know!
                Groeten,
                Caspar
                DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Thanks for the help. Call to Roland took less than 3 minutes, cones are only $7 each. They only stock black now.

That was too easy.

Comment

I went to the Roland site and found no 800 #. Of course it'still early here and I just got out of bed so that might explain it! Anybody got it handy?

Thanks Chris

Comment

I've never found a good 800# for them, but the number listed is answered promptly without holding in my experience. I have always just used that.

Comment

Working...
                      X