Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-Cymbal Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Cymbal Settings

Hi - can't seem to find my v-cymbal books anywhere. Can somebody please post the trigger settings from the book? Thanks!

Which V-cymbal(s)? Which module? Etc.

Comment

All of the v-cymbal models - crash, ride, hi-hat. Using TD-10 with expansion. Thanks

Comment

With the TD-10exp, trigger bank 2 assigns the proper V-hat, ride and crashes to the appropriate inputs automatically. Are you saying, that you have tweaked the settings and need to restore them back to default? I'm not sure that V-cymbal literature even lists anything but I will check. However, if you tell me exactly the names of the parameters you want, I will get them to you.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the book for the v-cymbals describes the trigger bank settings for each of them. What i need to know is which trigger type i need to set for each v-cymbal input. For example, snare drum is 12B, tom-tom 1 is 10B, etc. Also the scantime, sensitivity, etc. Sorry I can't be more specific, but i don't have anything in front of me to refer to....

Comment

....and yes i've tweaked the settings and am looking for the default settings....

Thanks again...

Comment

O.K. I'm pretty sure that the trigger types are special CY types (like CrB or something for crash), but I'll try to look at it tonight and post all four for you along with their default adjustable parameters, (if noone does so before then).

Comment

BTW, if you haven't been using trigger bank2, and have never altered it, just switching to trigger bank2 will automatically give you all the correct CY triggers set to factory default settings (with an expanded TD-10).

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks again for your help. Btw - i have the TD10 expansion but not the enhanced support for the V-Cymbal Ride triggering. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Comment

If you don't have the TDW-1 with V-cymbal control version, I strongly recommend you get it. Roland will do it for free (you will just have to be without it for a while and pay shipping). The playability and sounds are a huge improvement, and well worth any inconveniece.

Comment

Who do i contact to get that done?

Comment

Originally posted by GrogGrog:
                        Who do i contact to get that done?
                        www.rolandus.com You should be able to find the number there, and they will tell you what to do.

Comment

O.K., Here are the proper factory default settings for the various V-Cymbals for your TD-10 (with TDW-1 Original Version). To verify for sure that that is exactly what you have, check that when you power on your module, the brief "splash" screen has the word "EXPANDED" at the bottom. If so, these are the settings:

CY-12H
                          Trigger Type: P7B
                          Sensitivity: 7
                          Threshold: 2
                          Curve: Linear
                          Scan Time: 1.0
                          Retrigger Cancel: 8
                          Mask Time: 8
                          Xtalk Cancel: 40
                          Mount Type: CymMount

CY-14C & CY-15R
                          Trigger Type: P7B
                          Sensitivity: 8
                          Threshold: 4
                          Curve: Linear
                          Scan Time: 1.0
                          Retrigger Cancel: 10
                          Mask Time: 8
                          Xtalk Cancel: 50
                          Mount Type: CymMount

Comment

Another way to do this, assuming you have the expansion card is to restore the preset trigger bank #2 settings using the COPY feature. You don't need the manual and you are sure not to mistakenly dial the wrong setting. Then you can tweak away as required.

SETUP, TRIGGER, TOOLS, COPY, (dial top setting) PRESET TRIG BANK2, (dial bottom setting) USER TRIG BANK2, COPY, EXECUTE, KIT

Once you have customized your settings, I'd recommend, if you have a memory card, saving your trigger bank settings to your card so you can restore them from there in the future.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited November 30, 2001).]
                            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks Dr. Kildrum and Boingo for the great information. I will certainly try these out. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Gb.

Comment

Working...
                              X