Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V Drum Gig bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Drum Gig bag?

Does anyone have the V drum gig bag? Is it worth 2-3 hundred bucks? How does it pack everything?

Munkee,

I have both the soft-sided "rack" bag and the hard-sided "v-drum kit" case - here's my thoughts on both:

I love the hard-sided case and hate the soft-sided bag!!!

The hard case holds all drums, pads, snare stand, FD-7, KD-7 and even the TD-10. The problem with the rack bag, IMHO, is that the rack needs to be disassembled to totally fit into the bag. Not a good thing if you're a 'gigging' drummer and you tend to leave the cables and clamps on the rack during transportation. I ended up selling my rack bag for $80 to a buddy who uses a TD-7 rack...a smaller unit.

Anyway, I love the hard-sided case...although it's a little pricey at $300-$400. There have been many alternatives suggested on this website that would do a good job at a much lower cost. Check them out!!!

Comment

I use a large Rubbermaid-style container that holds all pads, snare stand, kick pedal + KD-7, stick bag, and module (in a padded bag) and it cost about $20. Waterproof, cheap, lightweight, & very effective.

You make the call; there were a number of older threads on this topic if you search the archives.

-Danny
      -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Beato Bags makes a custom set of bags for the V's. I love them, but only if you're personally moving around your drums (versus allowing a roadie to do it). Guitar Center stocks these bags.
        Sim

Comment

Working...
        X