Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBX Subharmonic Synthesizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBX Subharmonic Synthesizer

Anyone ever use one with V-Drums? I have one, and didn't even consider until recently trying it out in my live rig. My concern is that it will produce WAY too much low end for the average club PA to handle, both in terms of dB and frequencies. I know that levels can be adjusted to keep from overloading the PA, but will this negate the benefit of using this unit? Just wanting to weigh pros and cons. I don't really have the luxury at the moment of trying it out on a club PA and tweaking it; all of my gigs lately are of the one-night variety with a minimal sound check and quick setup and teardown.

Anyone have any hands-on experience with this unit when coupled w/electronic drums?

Thanks,

-Danny
    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Studio

Comment

Actually, I've had the thing for years. I think (relying on my not-so-good memory) that is a DBX 120X-DS or something like that. Bought it for home stereo use, and it has RCA ins/outs. I could patch it into the effects loop of the Mackie 1604 I'm using live, but I'm kinda wondering if it isn't just overkill. I already get a pretty hefty kick sound, but I was curious as to whether anyone has already tried it out with E-drums. DBX makes some damned fine equipment, in my humble opinion. Their compressors and tube preamps are pretty good values for the money.

Someday, I'm going to hunt down a DBX 3BX Dynamic Range Expander for my home stereo, too. I didn't get one before they withdrew from the home audio market, and always regretted it. Quite a punchy little piece of gear. 3-band compressor/expander, which also came in 1- and 5-band models.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, szvook. I might just have to try it out "just because."

-Danny
      -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
      X