Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart E-Cymballs II... "Unbreakable"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart E-Cymballs II... "Unbreakable"?

I broke all 4 of my "unbreakable" crashes at my first gig. I play kinda hard, but it wasn't like I was actually trying to break them or anything. I was playing them exactly the same way I play acoustic cymbals.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not going to bother sending them back. I'm sure Hart would be happy to send replacements, but what's the point? If I'm going to break them, I'm going to break them. 4 cymbals in one night was not a fluke or a faulty product. It's time to move on to another product.

------------------
    Drooling Dog
    - Scott

dd, i know you have already tried the v-cymbals but i, for one, would be very impressed to see you actually break these. consider it a challenge.

Comment

Did they crack or just stop triggering? I just read all the posts on this site regarding those cymbals, and this is the first post I have seen about them breaking. I suppose they all could have been defective if they all came from the same "batch" of product. (Just a guess, I don't know anything about ecymbal production). I think you should send them back even if you go with something else...they do have a lifetime guarantee and you could resell them to your vdrum brothers..or maybe they could give you credit towards another product. How did the visu-lite china hold up?

Comment

Hey DD, I might be willing to purchase them if you get new replacements. That is, if I have some money by then.

Comment

Dog,

I only cracked one cymbal my self a while ago, but since I’ve played the hack out of the new one and nothing, going on 2+ years now.

I would send the broken ones back and give them at least one more try. It could be a bad batch (any manufacturer, of any product goes through a similar scenario at least once if not twice - as long as the % are not high).

------------------
          szvook
          Studio

Comment

I can't believe anyone would actually want to buy them, but what the hell. $120 takes 'em all (if shipped in US). Payable by PayPal, of course. That would give me enough to cover shipping and buy half an acoustic crash.

[email protected]
            http://www.xmission.com/~swspain/ecymballs/

(note: Yes I know I spelled "cymbals" wrong)

They are all chokable. Well, except the one that the choke strip came off of while I was playing. Some are hacked up worse than others. Two have small chunks out. All have at least 1-2 slits. I think one has 3 slits, and another has 4. I'm too lazy to go back downstairs to check. The best one has about a 1" slit. Some were unsuccesfully Krazy Glued between sets. LOL.

digitsone: If I wasn't about to drop $4000-5000 on a new A-kit, I'd probably give them a shot. Price was always my biggest issue with them. I'll probably replace the 4 crashes with 2 CY-6's. Especially now that my V's are demoted to "practice" kit status.

halfnote: The Visu-lite china is a true warrior. No problems at all. If I was starting over, I would probably go with all Visu-lite crashes. I'm sure they're not "unbreakable" either, but they're so thick, they have to hold up longer than my Harts did.

------------------
            Drooling Dog

[This message has been edited by Drooling Dog (edited November 06, 2001).]
            - Scott

Comment

Wow, those are busted up pretty bad. If szvook has been jamming industrial on his ecymbals and only busted one in 2.5 years...I gotta think you got a bad batch.

I think snared was hoping you would get your replacements and offer the new ones for sale. I don't think you would have trouble moving new ones here..might be worth the little bit of hassle.

Comment

One more item...

Dog, did you get Aquarian springs with the Ecymbals?

PS: Wouldn’t the thickness of Visu-lite bring forth more stick noise due to their thickens?

I personally have not tried the Visu-lite’s, so my reason bight be out of place, but I will get a chance to try every edrum system out right now at the NAMM show in January 2002 to get a better idea what is out there.

------------------
                szvook
                Studio

Comment

Szvook - I would love to meet you there...

Erik
                  SEPdrums

Comment

Originally posted by sepdrums:

Erik
                    SEPdrums
                    Hey!!! I wanna go. LOL!!!!!!

Comment

I would love to meet you all there too!!

Unfortunately I won't be going so meeting y'all will be unlikely!
                      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Erik
                        SEPdrums

The pleasure will be mine.

I will be the one being pulled of (probably by force) the Hart drum set(s) by pissed off waiting consumers.

Sorry snared I only got one additional ticket and my brother literally threatened my life if I didn’t take him this time.

------------------
                        szvook
                        Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
                          Dog, did you get Aquarian springs with the Ecymbals?
                          Yup. I used the red ones. Never played without them.

Originally posted by szvook:
                          PS: Wouldn’t the thickness of Visu-lite bring forth more stick noise due to their thickens?
                          Good question. They're both pretty loud. On the Visu-lite you're hitting rubber. On the Hart you're directly hitting plastic. The Visu-lite seems to produce a quick "thud" while the Harts produce a more lasting "snap". Overall I'd have to say the Visu-lites' sound is less noticable, but it's pretty close.

------------------
                          Drooling Dog
                          - Scott

Comment

The Visu-Lite China is loud. It was too loud for me so I took a piece of thick mouse pad and super glued it on to the rubber now it is a quiet as my V-Cymbals. It is a china so I pound it really hard and am not rolling or do anything fast on it so it works great. I can ride 8th notes on it with no problem. I still have lots of trigger sensitivity left and it is being run from my SPD-11. I really like the trigger it looks great and was cheap.

------------------
                            Ted H.
                            www.tocsinrocks.com
                            Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by halfnote:

I think snared was hoping you would get your replacements and offer the new ones for sale. I don't think you would have trouble moving new ones here..might be worth the little bit of hassle.
                              Yeah that is what I meant, DD. I don't have any money, anyway. However, if you do get them replaced and still want to sell them at a good deal, let me know. If I have the money by then maybe I'll be able to take them off your hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X