Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

cy15r and the td-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cy15r and the td-8

Hi folks, I've been reading alot on the pros and cons of the cy15r It seems that every one uses the td10 w/or with out the upgrade with this e-cym , has anyone used it with the td 8? I know that I won't get all the features like 3 sounds etc.. thats ok . But will that damned bell work right? It seems that is the big ***** with the cy15. I thought about the visu lite cyms but they wont call me back not a good sign also takes two input I believe . [same as with the Harts e-cym11 right ?] Should I belly up for the cy15 with td-8? Thanks Dean

Hey, Dean:

If you're okay with the possible necessity of using two jacks to get proper separation and control over the bell and bow zones, then I say go for it. I'm using a CY-15R with a TD-6, and once I figured out a solution to the bell trigger problem http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000058.html
    everything's been groovy since. I still don't think the CY-15R is worth $300.00, but that's another matter entirely.

P.S.: If using just one jack for the ride is unavoidable, then all I can say is that I hope you're one of the lucky few that the bell trigger "works just fine" for......
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

The CY-15 is probably my favorite pad. It works fine with the TD-8, although I don't use the bell. If you want to use the bell you may be disappointed. The bow/edge configuration is just fine for me. The bow is especially nice to play, quiet and triggers great.
      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

I have no problem with the bell at all. Just hit the thing. I don't use the tip of the stick but if there comes a time when I want to hit the bell with the tip there are a couple of options for me that I can think of right of the bat. First I could assign the bell sound to a pad for quick bell patterns. Seond I could use a different trigger bank for songs that needed a more sensitive bell and adjust accordingly. Or I could find a happy medium which I did. I love all my v-cymbals they have opened my playing back up and the feel for me is worth every penny. My $0.02

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Thanks for the replies . Ted how is your visu- lite china are thay well made? Can you ever talk to these people, Or do you just send them your green and call it a day? Thanks again Dean

Comment

The visu-lite china is nice. It is very loud though. I have glued a piece of thick mouse pad on it to quiet it. It is very rugged and triggers great even with the extra padding. I can play 8th note patterns easily with it any more is not possible unless I hit the old section of rubber that is loud. But it is a china and I really bash it when I hit it. I am very happy with it it looks and plays like the realy thing. I have added a Aquarian cymbal spring to get more swing out of it and like it a lot. Some people do not use the cymbal spring and have no problems I just wanted more swing. If volume of striking the pads are an issue then they may not be the cymbal trigger you are looking for. I would have no problems using them for a china or a splash but anything else they would be to loud for me.(because I could not add the extra padding and then ride or roll on them) Visu-Lite is a great company to buy from they answer emails very quickly, I got my china in a 16" size instead of the standard 18". The price is right for the visu-lite cymbals if you can live with the extra noise(about the same as hitting the old Octopad 2) then they are a cheaper alternative and they can make them chokable for you if you want.

------------------
            Ted H.
            www.tocsinrocks.com
            Ted H.

Comment

Working...
            X