Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-6 vs. TD-8 suprise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6 vs. TD-8 suprise!

Just got done looking at the Hart page and they reviewed the TD-6 at a 5 out of 5 and the TD-8 as a 4.5 out of 5. I thought at first that was because of the "value" of the TD-6, But wait...somewhere else I read that the TD-6 has a faster response? time. Could it be that the TD-6 has higher quality "guts" than the TD-8 but just a few fewer features???

Anyone???

Jon V.

Jon V.,

I noticed the same thing when I visited the Hart site a few months ago and posed a similar question to the forum (see link below).
    http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/001145.html

I've since demoed both modules side by side and wasn't able to perceive a faster response time from the TD-6.

Doug
    Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

If it is there, it is next to nothing. However, the TD-6 is noticeably quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
        If it is there, it is next to nothing. However, the TD-6 is noticeably quieter.
        External power supply?
        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
        X