Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland V-Sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland V-Sticks

I saw a promo give away when you purchase a new V-Concert set that includes a bunch of extras. It included (I'm not kidding) some V-Drum sticks.

They are a standard wood drum stick with what looks like an extremly long and thin taper.

I'm wondering if this will help with the cross-talk situation. Has anyone tried them yet?

I'm sure Boingo or Binary would have glowing full-length reviews on the "V-sticks" ......
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Don't forget to plug them in first.
      :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by mfrzrdrum:
        They are a standard wood drum stick with what looks like an extremly long and thin taper.
        What's a taper?

Comment

Taper - to become smaller or thinner toward one end.

Don't know your word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mfrzrdrum:
            Taper - to become smaller or thinner toward one end.

Don't know your word for it.
            Thanks!

Dutch translation: Taps, in een punt uitlopend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiadian:
              Thanks!

Dutch translation: Taps, in een punt uitlopend.
              Yeah, that's right. Next word starts with a L

L .....
              Robert

Comment

A taper is a large pig-like creature with a small trunk similar to that of an elephant, but is actually a member of the horse family... No, wait, that's a tapir!

-Danny
                -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by fartnokker:
                  A taper is a large pig-like creature with a small trunk similar to that of an elephant, but is actually a member of the horse family... No, wait, that's a tapir!

-Danny
                  No, no, no -

A "taper" is the guy who uses Gaffer's Tape. It was referenced extensively at this discussion: http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000221.html

- Hans

- Hans

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
                    Yeah, that's right. Next word starts with a L

L .....
                    ?

Comment

My bad, Hans... I'm easily confused by all those technical terms!!!

-Danny
                      -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Does this mean that no one has tried the sticks yet except the gaffer tapir?

Comment

You Silly Dutchmen!!!

Youa makea mea laugha with you silly wooden shoes & dutchboy, circa 1977 paintcan, http://www.dutchboy.com/about/index.asp hairdos!

------------------
                          -Alex.
                          Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Just received my V-sticks in the mail (with the promo kit).

I was curious to see if Roland was using 7A or something small and light (to maybe protect the sensors?)

Instead, these V-sticks are really fat, and bigger than my 5As but really tapered and skinny at the tips. They feel weird to me,
                            and I dont want to get used to something non-standard - so I won't be using them.

No loss I guess if their free.
                            TD-10/TDW-1vc, 3-PD120, 2-PD100, 2-PD80, 2-KD7, 3-14C, 2-15R, SPD-20, 2-ECymbal II splash, 1-ECymbal II china, 2-IronCobra kicks, 1 angry ex-wife.

:eek: " I see drum people"

Comment

That sounds like something I'd like to try. Currently I use a vic firth maple stick to get some beef, but light weight with a pretty good taper. (please don't anyone start on taper again...)

Any idea who makes them? How is the quality (straight and weight matched)?

Comment

Working...
                              X