Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Module to buy for the second one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Module to buy for the second one

OK, I just ran out of inputs in my TD-10 module. I have many more things I want to do down the road, :-). What module should I get? Should I get another TD-10, TD-6, or the new Yamaha DTXTREME. I heard some good reviews about the new module. What do you guys think?

Dave

ddrum5 ....DOH , did I say that

------------------
    ~REDMAN~
    ~REDMAN~

Comment

Check out the TD-6. Clean sound, the great TD-8 sounds, and reasonable price. Best value for $. Functions well with your existing module via midi or in addition, as well as with the Roland pads, so you can keep the feel of all your pads relatively consistent (if you choose). Plenty of info on all this in the archives here too.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
        Check out the TD-6. Clean sound, the great TD-8 sounds, and reasonable price. Best value for $. Functions well with your existing module via midi or in addition, as well as with the Roland pads, so you can keep the feel of all your pads relatively consistent (if you choose). Plenty of info on all this in the archives here too.
        I concur with the good Doctor's diagnosis of this situation. Buy a TD-6 and call him in the morning.......
        TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

If I were you and had budget for another TD-10, I'd go check out the DTXtreme and Ddrum4 as well. It's always good to have best of both worlds, just like combining acoustic drums with electronics.

------------------
          http://mpcman.flappie.nl
          Music was my first love...

Comment

If you're considering a module in the priceclass of the td-10, then I would most certainly check the ddrum out. I'll let you be the judge:

Ddrum mp3's by capslock
            TD-10(expanded) mp3's by Boismenu
            Ddrum mp3's by towerblock

That should make your decision a lot easier

Tom

Comment

If running out of inputs is the only problem, then I shouldn't buy a module at all.

Why not getting a used Roland PM-16 with lots of pad inputs and MIDI it up to the TD-10. You can assign every MIDI note number on the td-10.

And if you do need a second module: get the ddrum4. Any Roland module is more of the same and the Yamaha DTXTreme module is quite weak. Just my 2 cts. A sampler also is an option for sound. Not for inputs.
              Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
                and the Yamaha DTXTreme module is quite weak. Just my 2 cts. A sampler also is an option for sound. Not for inputs.
                Maybe the standard sounds of the Yammie are not all that, but if you want to use your own samples, the DTXtreme might be the best choice.
                As far as I know the DTXtreme has quite a lot options for assigning velocity and so on to different parameters, so to me it seems interesting. I have never had my hands on one of them, so I can't tell from experience.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by @oM:
                  If you're considering a module in the priceclass of the td-10, then I would most certainly check the ddrum out. I'll let you be the judge:

Ddrum mp3's by capslock
                  TD-10(expanded) mp3's by Boismenu
                  Ddrum mp3's by towerblock

That should make your decision a lot easier

Tom
                  I'm pretty certain Tom is suggesting the ddrums sound better via comparing live playing of them with some decent acoustic sounding ddrum sounds with the same dead loop playing various stock Vdrum kits. And while the ddrum samples are one of their more redeeming features, I couldn't help but think that the comment on the last guy's page about him returning his ddrums due to various problems couldn't help the sales pitch much. In fairness, the sampling feature of the ddrum is nice, and they have some nice acoustic sounds. However, to be equally fair, the TD-10exp can sound much better than the MP3s referenced, and none of those MP3s come close to suggesting what either system can sound like IMO. Try 'em both. Feel, playability, response, etc., are all factors too, as are your personal tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
                    Why not getting a used Roland PM-16 with lots of pad inputs and MIDI it up to the TD-10. You can assign every MIDI note number on the td-10.
                    if i remember correctly, that's pretty much exactly what the Yamaha DD-55 is, so he's already covered in that angle. so i think the td-6 or ddrum4 are probably the best suggestions thus far. sounds like he wants some more distinct pad inputs .... ?

floridadrummer, you will soon be giving Marc a run for his money with in terms of things to hit!

Comment

Sorry for the delay in response but I have been busy. Yes I have the DD-55 which gives me things like cowbell, block, really anything I want. I also have two pedals that I use for a snare and crash so I can groove with just my feet and free up my hands for other stuff. What I'm thinking of doing is combining my Ludwig set and Roland set. I'm thinking of adding triggers to the Ludwig's and plugging them into another module. Then I could actually do melodies by having all 8 notes on toms. What do you think?

Dave

Comment

If you want to do acoustic triggering, you can't go any better than with a ddrum module+triggers.
                        In my experience acoustic drums with ddrum triggers trigger with the same accuracy as with my ddrum pads, but with less crosstalk.

------------------

Comment

Why not add an SPD-20 to your kit...LOTS of very good sounds there, and NOT the same "color" as the TD-10...plus you can add up to 4 extra pads....and the triggering via MIDi is very good. Plus there are so many sounds in the TD-10 you can access via MIDI as well. A second TD-10 or any other module would be drummer's heaven regarding inputs and the potentials of using them together... I have used the TD-10 + TD-8 mocule together-VIA MIDI- to layer sounds etc...

Comment

Tommy

I already have a Yamaha DD-55 which gives me 6 pads and 2 pedals. I don't think I will get any more electric pads for now but would like to hook up my acustic to the kit.

Comment

Working...
                            X