Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, someone got their **** together!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, someone got their **** together!!

Well, I do believe my search for a new effects processor has finally ended..... http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2001/M-One-XL.html

The main reason I hadn't bought an M-One already is because (believe it or not) it didn't have a ping-pong delay effect built in! I mean, that's like creating a new synthesizer that doesn't have any piano sounds.....

Props to tc, but if they really want to redeem themselves then they'll install a fast enough processor to do away with the load-time lag that's present on just about every damn effects processor out there now. tc emphasizes that the M-One XL is for LIVE applications, so perhaps they've gotten wise to the fact that, in the live enviroment, two seconds is a hell of a long time to be waiting for "Song-Ending Promethian Reverb Patch #42" to come up.....
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Originally posted by Mick Wade:
    Well, I do believe my search for a new effects processor has finally ended...
    How does the verb compare with a Lexicon? Haven't heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
      Originally posted by Mick Wade:
      Well, I do believe my search for a new effects processor has finally ended...
      How does the verb compare with a Lexicon? Haven't heard it.

It's a little more $$$, but I would look more towards the M-2000, I looked at the
      M-One originally, but to me the sound, programmability, and build quality of the
      M-2000 was far beyond the M-One. These days you can get an M-2000 for $600 - $700, remember it was originally about $1200 - $1500.

Unlike the M-One, the M-2000 was not really compromised by fitting it to a low price point. At the time the M-2000 came out, the only other verb in the TC line was the
      M-5000 which was about $5,000.

As far as Lexi vs. TC, they are TOTALLY, TOTALLY different. They both sound great, but the one to buy really depends on what you want.

Lexi's tend to have a thick, gooey, very colored sort of reverb. It sounds great but only if you want to "add" to the sound.

TC stuff on the other hand is more transparent, clearer (not that a Lexi is muddy). If you just want your drums to sound like they are in a room, I'd vote for the TC, if you want your effect to have a "sound", then go for the Lexi.

I have both (a TC M-2000, and MPX-1 and
      PCM-81 Lexicons) and depending on the sound source and what you are trying to do, either brand can really do the trick.

FWIW, I don't usually use these units on drums, I usually only put a touch of verb on the snare, and I use a Yamaha REV 500 for that.

The Lexi and TC stuff pretty much kill the Yamaha, but I use them on more important stuff, like vocals (yeah all you drummer guys are gonna kill me on this one, DRUMS ARE the most important sound to you guys).

Still the REV 500 does not suck, there is just no way it can sound like an F/X that costs five times as much.

Jay Storey

p.s. I know it's more money, but those of you considering F/X should really look at going a little higher in the product lines of Lexi and TC.

Sure the stuff like the MPX-100/200 and
      M-One offer a lot of "bang for the buck", but trust me, a higher quality unit will stand the test of time much better than the "budget units", and in the long run you'll save yourself money because you won't go out and replace that F/X in a few years when you get tired of it.

Trust me I know, I bought cheapass F/X for years (I counted it up the other day and I've bought and sold 18 F/X processors over the years) and I now realize I should have just bought the good stuff to begin with, I'd still be using it.

Comment

Working...
      X