Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Double Bass Drum Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Bass Drum Pedal

I'm in the market for a double bass drum pedal and want to start looking at top of the line models....any opinions.. I have the V-Session set-up (Roland). Thanks.

Tama Iron Cobra power glide!
    Just my oppinion. There are plenty of top quality pedals out there, some better some worse. Try as many as possible. I think the Iron Cobra is high quality for less money. That is partly what made me get that one. No complaints so for, though.

Comment

I think you just have to go and try to find the one that you like.

I use a DW 500, I have had it for five years its the best I've ever owned.

Comment

If you do a search, you can find lengthy posts about what almost everyone recommends (which oddly enough is almost always what they chose). I recommend not listening to anyone (except me when I say, try 'em all).

Comment

The best pedal is the one that feels best to you. Period. Grab your kickpad, go down to your nearest music store and give every single one a go. Buy which ever one you like best.

That's the only recommendation that makes sense, really.

Stu,
          surprised his brain is working this early in the morning
          "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

No don't go with a kick pedal at all. Just hit the mesh head with your big toe.

Someone pass me another beer!!!
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

AXIS is the fastest pedal, but feels funny to some people. Check it out before you buy.

Very expensive, though, and unless you're a double-kick monster the extra speed may not be necessary.

BINARY

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                If you do a search, you can find lengthy posts about what almost everyone recommends (which oddly enough is almost always what they chose). I recommend not listening to anyone (except me when I say, try 'em all).
                I couldn't agree with you more

------------------
                http://mpcman.flappie.nl
                Music was my first love...

Comment

I got a Mapex Janus double pedal / high hat. Very easy to switch from high hat to the pedal. The unit's pedal board doubles as hight hat and double pedal. Very well made and sturdy and easy to use.

Comment

I agree with the Dr. Try and try again. Get what suits you the best.

Comment

I also agree with the doctor! A lot of units to choose from. When trying out various pedals, the "one" for you will feel just that much better. Body / foot / leg / musical and mechanics differ individually. My last word is do not get a chepo pedal. Get one that feels great and well built. nothing worst than a cheap pedal that keeps falling off a bass drum during a gig.

Comment

I would take a serious look at both the DW 5000's and the Tama Iron Cobras. They seem to be the most popular. Axis are also very good, but as BINARY mentioned, some people think they feel funny. I like their forward motion, but I've never been able to get them off the head quick enough for my taste.

Axis pedals are also very expensive. The Iron Cobras seem to be the best value in high-end pedals. I use the DW's. I have a set of single-chain drive and a set of double-chain drive. I prefer the single.

------------------
                        Drooling Dog
                        - Scott

Comment

Hi

I used to play a DW 5000 single pedal, but I decided a couple of months ago to go for a double pedal. I was never really impressed with the DW pedal, so I tried several different brands. I ended up with a Pearl PowerShifter Eliminator (using the blue cam), and I am very pleased with it!

Vandal

Comment

The Sonar pedal, does it work as advertised? Can it be played fast and even? Is it smooth?, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X