Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Guitar Center V-Concert DEAL Read if Buying V-Concert GREAT DEAL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center V-Concert DEAL Read if Buying V-Concert GREAT DEAL!!!

I just got a Guitar center ad for September 2001 and they have a killer deal on the V-Concert set. Buy the V-Concert set get the following free:

TDW-1
    V-Ride
    Stereo Headphones
    V-Pro Video Manual
    Pair of V-Sticks

Sounds like a killer deal to me. With the ride all your inputs will be taken if you use the 2 for ride. I wanted to let everyone know of this deal getting the TDW-1 is the best part of the whole deal. Hope this will help someone. The ad says direct from Roland so this may apply to other dealers but I am not sure. 9/1 to 12/31 the offer is good through.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

V-sticks??

Virtual sticks that you can't actually touch?
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
      V-sticks??

Virtual sticks that you can't actually touch?
      Complete with COSM so you can edit the type of wood, metal, carbon fiber composition, vary the length and width of various "zones" of the V-sticks, select from over 100 tips, add tape, vary the weight, and with the optional VS-1 upgrade card you can simulate twirls and add your own custom name logo.

Comment

If you can add some V-Gorilla Snot, I'm in....

Erik
        SEPdrums

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
          Complete with COSM so you can edit the type of wood, metal, carbon fiber composition, vary the length and width of various "zones" of the V-sticks, select from over 100 tips, add tape, vary the weight, and with the optional VS-1 upgrade card you can simulate twirls and add your own custom name logo.
          Ooooooh, I want them, I want them, gimme, gimme!!!!!!!!!!

Stu,
          jumping up and down madly in his computer room

[This message has been edited by mcconaghy (edited September 06, 2001).]
          "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Hmmm, is this really a great deal? I can see why Roland decided to put out an incentive bonus to buy the V-Concert kit. I'm guessing they are not selling too many because there is not much of a price gap between the two. The best new prices I've found are apx. $3300,00 for the V-Concert and $4,000.00 for the V-Session (a $700.00 difference). However, you don't have the TDW1 ($270.00) , the new CY-V-Cymbals ( apx.$880.00 for 2 crashes (@210.00 each), one ride (@250.00) and one hi hat (@210.00), the upgraded kick KD120RD (apx $380.00) or the rack (which is $100.00 more than the regular rack). That's over 1,600.00 for the upgrades ! OK, now you can sell off the pads and kick from your Concert set, (apx $350 for the cymbals and $100.00 for the kick), that brings it down to a $1,150.00 difference, tack that on to your original $3,300.00 tab and you've just paid $450.00 more for the V-Concert than you would have buying the Session.

With the incentive plan, you'll save the $280.00 bucks for the TDW1 and $250.00 for the ride ($530.00 all together). I'm not counting the "headphones, sticks and video" because I really don't care (and I'm guessing I'm not alone). Subtract that from the 1,150.00 to make it a $620.00 difference and you save apx $80.00 ($3,300.00+620.00 minus 4,000.00), but you still don't have the upgraded rack and you just caused yourself a lot of hassle (buying and selling pads).

To me, I would rather spend the extra $600.00 up front and have ALL new upgraded CY cymbals (which I personal really like), better rack, red color (IMHO, it looks better than the purples), upgraded KD120 kick and the luxury of not having to hassle with selling off items on E-bay or else where. If you are planing on buying the V-Concert and upgrading it, it appears to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that you'll wind up only saving(apx $80,00 (with the incentive plan), than you would just buying the Session's up front. If you have no intention of upgrading the cymbals, etc, then this might be an OK deal, but make sure that's what you want to do.

Maybe I'm missing something here? Please let me know if my numbers are off, or if these items can be found much cheaper. I would love to think this is truly a great deal as I've been considering V's for a while now.

I would appreciate any input. Thanks !!
            Dale

Originally posted by Stixx777:
            I just got a Guitar center ad for September 2001 and they have a killer deal on the V-Concert set. Buy the V-Concert set get the following free:

TDW-1
            V-Ride
            Stereo Headphones
            V-Pro Video Manual
            Pair of V-Sticks

Sounds like a killer deal to me. With the ride all your inputs will be taken if you use the 2 for ride. I wanted to let everyone know of this deal getting the TDW-1 is the best part of the whole deal. Hope this will help someone. The ad says direct from Roland so this may apply to other dealers but I am not sure. 9/1 to 12/31 the offer is good through.

Comment

Roland has saturated the market and are is competing with itself.
              Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Dale,

Those are pretty much the numbers I came up with as well. Now I personally like the purples better than the red, but I don't now if I like em' so much better that I am willing to go through the hassle.

Comment

Upgraded rack? I thought the racks for the Concert and Session sets were the same, only different colors. I have the concert set, and bought it because I was not overly impressed with the V-cymbols, and went with Visu-Lites instead. The translucent blue are an awesome match.
                  V-Concert, Visu-Lite Cymbals, BBE 482's, Behringer Multicom, Alesis D5

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKool:
                    Upgraded rack? I thought the racks for the Concert and Session sets were the same, only different colors. I have the concert set, and bought it because I was not overly impressed with the V-cymbols, and went with Visu-Lites instead. The translucent blue are an awesome match.
                    They have the same "new and improved" hinged clamps, but correct me if I'm wrong, the red rack pipes are ribbed, while the purple one's pipes are smooth. I think.

I personally think the V-Concert's pads are not only pretty, it's also geared towards guys like me, who don't want to go with the V-Cymbals. They're nice, but I prefer the PD9s. If I were Roland I'd offer two versions of that bonus pack, one with the V-Ride, and one with the KD-120. In my opinion they can ditch the dubious V-Sticks and scrap the headphones, since most of us will probably go straight out and buy a decent pair of cans anyway.

Stu
                    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
                      They have the same "new and improved" hinged clamps, but correct me if I'm wrong, the red rack pipes are ribbed, while the purple one's pipes are smooth. I think.
                      The red annodized pipes are ribbed. The manual with the racks is for both the MDS-10RD and the MDS-10PL, because the configuration is so similar. But both the material and color are different.

And with typical Roland economy the "manual" consists of a picture on the front and warnings about reading instructions and all the other warnings, as well as copyright and disclaimers. Next is an entire page dedicated to using the rack safely, other warnings, cautions, and maintenance, etc. The actual content is on page 3 and is two sentences, another disclaimer, a diagram and pictures of the the other items like cable wraps. (And of course the other half of the manual is the same in Japanese.) Not that any of that is important, other than I think this is the best Roland manual I have seen yet. It even warns you in two separate places, that the two actual sentences, and the diagram and pictures may be inaccurate.

Comment

Actually, I like the purple pads better. I definately like the non-red rack better. I like the feel of the kd-7 better. I would rather get the deal, buy a couple of cy-6's and sell the other pads on ebay. you can make a lot more money on selling individual pads than you can an entire set. The money difference is not the big deal. How the set feels is most important. I have fought this battle for a while. Every time I go to GC, I wonder why I have so much fun playing the concert set with a $50 strap-drive Pearl p-80 over playing the session set with an iron cobra double pedal. The concert just has more of a natural feel to me. The drums should be about feel and expressing yourself. If you are wrapped up in price and features and what is "correct" and "proper", then you have lost touch with your instrument. This is a very primal thing. We are beating on things. Agression, power, emotions, dynamics, finesse... This is what drums is about. I would rather play my old beat up "mutt" set with mismatched hardware and bad bearing edges than a new dw set anyday. I have my drums broke in. I know their stengths and weaknesses. I know how to tune them and get a killer sound. But most of all, I am comfortable playing them.

Comment

Amen brother! I personally chose the V-Concert for the all same reasons.

I'm going to add Ecymbal II's for additional look and feel.

I've added the CY-6's - very unhappy with them. Very inconsistent triggering - maybe that will be fixed when I receive the TDW card?
                          TD-10/TDW-1vc, 3-PD120, 2-PD100, 2-PD80, 2-KD7, 3-14C, 2-15R, SPD-20, 2-ECymbal II splash, 1-ECymbal II china, 2-IronCobra kicks, 1 angry ex-wife.

:eek: " I see drum people"

Comment

Working...
                          X