Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Kick Pedal for V Club Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick Pedal for V Club Trigger

Hi All!

I had not picked-up a drumstick in anger for about 20 years until a few weeks back. I was wandering through the local Guitar Center and saddled-up to a set of V Clubs. What a blast! I don't have the room or understanding neighbors for an acoustic set, thus these would do me just fine.

I note that the bass trigger is included in the set but not a pedal. The last time I was current with what was out there the Ludwig Speed King still ruled! I'm fairly certain that there would be better choices to use with the trigger. Any suggestions?

Very best regards,
    Steve

Welcome to the board, Steve. You've asked a very common question, and unfortunately, one that is really opinion (and pocketbook) based. Guitar Center will likely have a good contemporary representation of what's available. If money is no object, try them all. If it is, try all in your price range. Others may swear by this or that. Never have understood that. Whatever feels best to you, is.

Comment

IMHO the cheapest Pearl pedals play very good, the more expensive Pearl pedals will last longer and offer more options to adjust.

I have not much experience with other brands, but I'm very happy with Pearl.

------------------
      http://mpcman.flappie.nl
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
        IMHO the cheapest Pearl pedals play very good.
        Well said! my pedal of choice for my vclubs was a $45 Pearl P-70. I originally bought a p-100tw and I hated it. I sold it on ebay. I have a couple of dw's on ebay. I don't hate them, just like the pearl strap-drive better.

view my auctions!

Comment

blah...blah...blah....Tama Iron Cobra...blah...blah...blah
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Premier EDP 300... hard to get, though.

If you want a really nice pedal, get a Pearl Eliminator with the belt drive. Bloody amazing, excuse my French...
            Of course the Tama Iron Cobra is nice too, as are the Axis and DW pedals...

Stu
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I really like my DW 5000. They had a Pearl on the demo V Clubs at the GC I got my Clubs from, but I liked the ruggedness and set-up-ability of the DW.

------------------
              www.mp3.com/entrylevel
              Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Working...
              X