Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Anybody Know of a Good Stick Holder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Know of a Good Stick Holder?

I have been searching for a rack mountable stick holder. All I have found is the cheap plastic tube with the potato chip bag clip for mounting (forgot the mfg. name?) and the Gibralter red leather bag. I think both are a little cheezy..or not worthy of the V's, I should say.

Anybody know of any others? I would appreciate web links if you know of any. Thanks.

Michael

Yeah . . I know two: My left hand and my right hand!!

I'd go with functionality here (rather than aesthetics).

Is it a stick bag that you're after (ie. something to carry all your sticks around in)?

Or a holder (ie. something which holds a couple of sticks whilst you're playing should you need to throw one at the lead guitarist and thus require a replacement)?

Many bags can be rack mounted to present you with your entire colection of sticks (my preference) and therefore double as a 'holder'

Originally posted by luvtheartz:
    I think both are a little cheezy..or not worthy of the V's, I should say
    At a V-drum clinic earlier this year, the tech 'manufactured' a stick holder using the trusty 'Gaffa' tape. Essentially two loops of tape (folded over so not sticky on the inside) attached to a leg of the rack - one about 20cm above the other - the lower one being 'capped off' with some gaffa tape. The sticks merely go inside the two loops and rest on the 'capped off' piece at the bottom.

Just 'cause the V's themselves have cost us heaps, it doesn't mean that we have to spend heaps more on 'accessories'!
    Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Pro-Mark makes a Stick Depot. It costs ~$10.00. I've had one for years. It's 2 metal tubes attached to a clamp. Too small for 1 1/2" tubes. Always looking to build a better mousetrap, I overhauled mine when I got the V's. I bought a plastic clamp at one of those "dollar stores". It perfectly fits the 1 1/2" tube on the rack. I had some old chromed tube from lamps and kid toys. I cut it down to length and bought some plastic caps from Lowes (the kind that fits the legs of chairs to protect the floor). I capped the bottom of the tubes. I bolted one tube onto each side of the clamp handle and took some cable ties and attached three more tubes to each side. I've been using it for over 2 yrs now. They are very accessible (especially when you drop a stick during play), they're inconspicuous and I think they are better than bag caddy's. You could substitute PVC pipe and paint it to match your rack. Shouldn't take more than an hour to make.

Boingo.. Roket Scientest/Inventer
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I find Pringles tubes make excellent stick holders - Gaffa to your rack at an appropriate angle!

Schmunk
        TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Midgets.

Sorry to any small people.
          I am drinking like a champ.

------------------
          Jeff, using...
          td 8,PD-120,
          pintech pads,gibraltor rack, JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, BBE 462 yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
          The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Ah, midgets and gaffa tape.
            Where would we be without them??
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
              Pro-Mark makes a Stick Depot. It costs ~$10.00. I've had one for years. It's 2 metal tubes attached to a clamp. Too small for 1 1/2" tubes. Always looking to build a better mousetrap, I overhauled mine when I got the V's. I bought a plastic clamp at one of those "dollar stores". It perfectly fits the 1 1/2" tube on the rack. I had some old chromed tube from lamps and kid toys. I cut it down to length and bought some plastic caps from Lowes (the kind that fits the legs of chairs to protect the floor). I capped the bottom of the tubes. I bolted one tube onto each side of the clamp handle and took some cable ties and attached three more tubes to each side. I've been using it for over 2 yrs now. They are very accessible (especially when you drop a stick during play), they're inconspicuous and I think they are better than bag caddy's. You could substitute PVC pipe and paint it to match your rack. Shouldn't take more than an hour to make.

Boingo.. Roket Scientest/Inventer
              Hey peeps, just popped in to say hi & read what's [email protected] & once again I find myself LMAO @ TheEternalBoinger! Watch your Spelling, Boingy! You Rocket Scientist/Inventor. Your brain must function faster than your fingies !

------------------
              -Alex.
              Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

I just leave my sticks on the snare(PD-120). I only use/have 2 sticks.

Comment

Go with he promark stick depot. I use one on each side in case I drop either stick while playing. These have proved to be invaluable when playing gigs.

-drumlogic
                  -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Here's another stick holder tip (at least for the V-Custom & Gibraltar racks): I removed the end caps on the side arms, and put a stick (or 2) in the end of an arm tube on each side, protruding about 4-5". They're easy to grab if I lose one. I use a stick bag hanging close by to store alternate sticks.

Comment

From a previous post on the same subject:

Here's a cool tip for a good stick stash:
                      I'm surprised that Gibraltar or someone else hasn't already marketed this, but simply take a right-angle pipe clamp, a plastic end cap, and a roughly 10" section of rack or PVC pipe and you're in business. Attach the clamp at the appropriate side and angle on your drum rack and then clamp the section of pipe to it. Voila. Looks cool and works like a charm. The advantage to this is that you can set this little gizmo anywhere on your drum rack. I use one where the sticks are positioned right under my hi-hat and another close to my ride cymbal. So if I drop a stick from either hand, I've got a replacement right there without having to reach for it or even look at it.

You can also use one of those clamps that are made for connecting a "foot bar" with a vertical pipe, although the positioning flexibility isn't as great as the former method.

Here are the clamps I'm referring to: http://www.americanmusical.com/item.asp?UID=2001072916394043&item=GIR+GPRRA&sprc= True[/UR L]

and http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/sh...452?pid=445992

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited September 02, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited September 02, 2001).]
                      TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Working...
                      X