Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

first serious test of Hart Dynamics, DM pro, Eon G2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first serious test of Hart Dynamics, DM pro, Eon G2

Had a chance to finally take my kit out into something other than a rehearsal space or small club and I was surprised at the results...

the kit:
    DM PRO
    Gibraltar Rack
    Pacific toms converted with Hart ADC's
    Hart Accusnare
    Hart E-Cymbal II's including Hats
    Kd-7, Fd-7, Tama Iron Cobra
    One JBL Eon G2

the venue was a larger concert type hall with 40 foot ceilings...I have to say that the JBL EON G2 far exceeded my expectations..
    Originally I planned to use it as a stage monitor for the e's with the main mix being pumped through the main PA, but it proved to be way more powerful that I thought...

during the sound check we nixed the idea of pumping the drum mix out the main PA and used ONE Jbl Eon as the main output and believe me it was loud, clear, cut through everthing, and with a little boost of the lower end on the JBL itself it shook the whole room...

the other surprise was the Hart Acoustic Conversion triggers with the Mesh Kontrol heads...these things are great...the toms took a severe pounding for three hours including a fifteen minute drum solo without missing one single hit..

the only struggles were getting the Accusnare rim and head triggers to respond the right way on the rim hits...I'm starting to notice some missed hits on my Accusnare and I'm wondering if after two years of pounding its fading away...

the ride and the ride bell still are not were I want them to be and Im seriously considering ditching them in favor of an acoustic ride...its been a pain in the ass to get the module and the Hart ride to get anywhere near the performance of a real acoustic ride...

Overall, everyone was blown away and not once did anyone notice that I had electronic drums rather than acoustics on stage..

I am glad you like the adc's. I just ordered 3 for toms, and 1 for my bass drum. Are you useing the mesh heads?

I feel your pain about the hart ride. It is a great piece of gear but you need two inputs to use the bell. I now use a pd 9 for a ride and it works great.

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

...the toms took a severe pounding for three hours including a fifteen minute drum solo without missing one single hit..
      Fifteen minute drum solo..?

TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Hi, sounds like a great kit!! Glad you mentioned the JBl e2 as I'm getting one soon. My choice was the Mackies or JBL's. I need the 3 channels so it's JBL. How do you like the DmPro? I was told the samples are very good. I find my D-5 sounds very realistic and plays very well with silent mesh pads. I ordered a Dm Pro and hopefully it will arrive next week. All though this mainly is a Roland forum, it's one of my favorite cites for E Drum info.

Comment

Let's just say it was a long ass period of time when I was playing alone..between 10 and 12 minutes maybe more realistic..

We do a cover of Talking Heads "Burning Down the House" and it gets a little crazy at the end where the band rocks out, I jam it out for a while in the same groove, and the band comes back in for a verse and a chorus...

the DM Pro definetly has the most bang for the buck of all the modules...there are a lot of useless sounds though...some people say its not user friendly but I didnt find that...it does take a lot of tweaking to get the damn thing the way you like it though...

Comment

Your post inspired me to get the JBL EON-2's. Going to put them on lay a way. I was going to get the PM-3's which would work out great for but the 3 channel mixer made me decide over the PM-3's and Mackies. Got the Dm pro ans D-5 going into 2 mixers with 4 outs. Each output goes into a compressor, enhancer, EQ and noise gate. The sub groups are, snare, kick, toms, cymbals. I got control over the processing of each subgroup. Everything is rack mounted included the DM pro and my D-5. Can't wait to heat my rig through the JBL's.

Comment

I hope it works out for you...I'm been more than happy with mine and I'd love to get another one....I've seen now where JBL makes a powered sub to go with the JBL EON G2...

another JBL would solve the problem of weird phasing I get with the cymbals in the DM pro...I've noticed that the cymbals are sampled in stereo, so with only one JBL you get a weird phasing at times with the cymbals, especially the ride...

Comment

Working...
              X