Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland speaker system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland speaker system

Is the Roland V-Drum monitor system worth the money? I don't know what a comparable ssystem would cost. I just figured if I was going to spend that much I could get something bigger and more powerful. I may be wrong. Someone please enlighten me.

Check out the search function, you'll find a lot of topics about the PM-3 system.
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Yes, your right, the PM3 is a toy compared to other systems costing the same. I owned the PM3 and it sounded OK but could not hold its own when playing on stage or even at rehearsal. If all you want is a personal monitor and I do mean PERSONAL, than the PM3 will work in LOW volume situations, but if you expect your band mates to hear you as well, your going to have to use something a little more robust. Oh and also the little tweeters in the PM3 are good for only one gig and then you have to replace them. Very poor quality. Interesting enough, there are folks who live in Australia that praise the PM3. I think the units that Roland ships down there are perhaps better quality than the ones in North America.

That should shake some leaves....

Good Luck!

Comment

So if it is so inferior what is a good (better)system for personal monitors? Or is it more worth it just to get a bigger more powerful set of PA's?

Comment

Go to the <a href="http://www.vdrums.com/ubbbin/search.cgi?action=intro">search form</a> and try the keywords "JBL", "Mackie", and "PM-3".
          Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Oh and also the little tweeters in the PM3 are good for only one gig and then you have to replace them.
            Yes, this is true, but apparently Roland have released a new version with up-rated tweeter cones. Now, if only my local dealer would kick Roland UK's arse into gear, I would be able to tell you what it's like (my PM-3 has been broken for over 3 months now whilst I have been waiting for this).

On another note, yes the PM-3 is a personal monitor system (including being able to fold-back everybody else in your band from the main desk!). Let your band mates get their own monitors.

Schmunk
            TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
              So if it is so inferior what is a good (better)system for personal monitors? Or is it more worth it just to get a bigger more powerful set of PA's?

Snared

Have just been through the same as you, and with support from the guys hear I have gone for the JBL G2 EON, the sound is great and as a monitor its fine.

I may go for two JBL's in time but first its some v-cymbals, and a bbe 482

Comment

Originally posted by Multilin:
                there are folks who live in Australia that praise the PM3...
                Not this little black duck!
                You couldn't pay me to use one! (no offense Oz )
                Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                X