Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hart GigaPro series10& TD-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart GigaPro series10& TD-10

Does anyone have any experience with this combination. Good? Bad?
    Thanks,
    Kyle
    Kyle Davids
    Lefty's Hip Pocket
    My Inspiration

yes , that is exactly my set up, with a few minor cymbal changes, I'm using a PD7 for the hi Hat, and one pd9, the rest are E-cymbals. No problems to speak of, if you are concerned about compatability, it's fine

------------------
    Rob
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Sky10:
      Does anyone have any experience with this combination. Good? Bad?
      Thanks,
      Kyle
      Exactly my setup too. No problems. See my kit http://systolic-usa.com/kit.jpg
      My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Comment

"I'm using a PD7 for the hi Hat, and one pd9"

You guys are great. I appreciate your response. Rawbonz(I believe it was)Is there a reason you went with the PD7 instead of the one with the Gigapro? Bare with me,I am new to the electronic drum craze. Do you find that you can get the soft dynamics, kind of like a Weckl thing, on the gigapros that you can on a regular piccalo snare? The reason for all the questions is, there is no one I have found in my area that carries them. I called the local Guitar Center and the kid thought I was speaking a foriegn language. Thanks for your patience..
        Kyle

------------------
        Kyle Davids
        Lefty's Hip Pocket
        My Inspiration

Comment

Hey antinucci... whats the rack-mounted pda for???

Great setup by the way..

Erik

Comment

Antinucci, what do you think of the Hart E-cymbals? They look pretty good. What is the noise like from them? How does the hi-hat feel? Does the ride come with the rubber bell on it? Thanks. I may get that set with a TD-10.

------------------
            Black
            Black

Comment

to SKY10....ask as many questionsas you can , I had the same problem when I bought my set. I had acess to a v-drum set but no Hart set, so I took a chance and I am very happy with my set. The answer to the question is this. I started with the E2 metel top / plastic bottom Hart Hi hat. It worked fine, but there is loud stick noise. It is pretty much just like playing on a closed ( tight) real hat, the point was to play at home, with as little sound as possible. Then I tried Harts plastic ( pie shaped ) hat with the rubber pad on it. My elbow was aching after 1/2 hour, I just couldn't get used to it....so as a temp fix, I bought a pd7 pad and I think it works best of all with the td10, plus it is dual trigger, you can add splash sounds ( or anything) in the rim of the pad. As far as the ride , the E2 ride , rides fine, but it is only single trigger, no real seperate bell sound, except using the td10 pre-programmed cymbal sounds....if you strike the ride softly..you get ride...strike a bit harder, you get bell also, it works, but the new Roland cymbals look nice, I have not seen one in person.....you also need to do the TDW1 card in the td10 for that stuff to work. Feel free to ask more.

------------------
              Rob
              Rob

Comment

Much appreciated Rob. I guess I had missed that one. That the e2s are single zone. I just came from the HDI page, It looks like those Ecymbal 10s are dual zone, correct? Or the Ecymbal pros. Same thing I think. You say that your elbow had bothered you. Was it because the surface not having any give like a pad such as a pd-7? Just curious.
                I got to check out the vcymbals at the NAMM show although I didn't get to play them. Long line, lefty player etc. but they seemed to getting a favorable response. Couldn't tell you much more then that.
                I'm curious what you payed for your Gigapros. The best price I could find was from Riks music, www.riksmusic.com for 2200 no tax or shipping. Heard of anything better?
                Thanks again Rob,
                Kyle

------------------
                Kyle Davids
                Lefty's Hip Pocket
                My Inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by sepdrums:
                  Hey antinucci... whats the rack-mounted pda for???

Great setup by the way..

Erik
                  Thanks.

I can control WinAmp running on my PC (about 15 feet away). I use WinAmp to play my MP3s. I can select, rewind, fast forward etc. It is sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksmith:
                    Antinucci, what do you think of the Hart E-cymbals? They look pretty good. What is the noise like from them? How does the hi-hat feel? Does the ride come with the rubber bell on it? Thanks. I may get that set with a TD-10.

I love everything about them. The HH and RIDE are metal, so you do get a pretty loud chick-chick-chick out of them. The noise is like taking a normal metal cymbal, pressing your palm on it (to dampen completly) and hit the cymbal with a stick.

The HH feels just like a HH, but it does not open. Again, it is metal, so it feels quite natural.

The RIDE does not come with the bell (that is a PCY-10 bell from Yamahaa). At the time I bought my set, Hart did not have the dual-trigger ride, so I bought the rubber bell. It is quite nice, but look forward to Hart replacing my single trigger with a dual.

I have the TD-10 with TDW-1 expansion. Excellent.

Comment

I guess I had missed that one. That the e2s are single zone. I just came from the HDI page, It looks like those Ecymbal 10s are dual zone, correct? Or the Ecymbal pros.
                      The crashes and splashes on the series X can only produce one sound, but they are chokeable and play much more like real cymbals. The ride has a bell pad on it so it is dual zone. I've played the roland pd7's and pd9's and in my opinion, I like the Hart cymbals much better.

Comment

Sky10,

You may want to check out musiciansbuy.com

------------------
                        Black
                        Black

Comment

Kyle, Yes on the Hi Hat question, the plastic and rubber one is hard as a rock, but everything has a positive side, you can really double stroke roll on such a hard surface, but it did make my elbow hurt...now bear in mind that , that was me, could be different for you. Also the Hart crash cymbals are not chockeable (sp) at least mine aren't, I know that Hart has come out with a newer series that are chokable, and so are the new Roland units. That is also the reason that I added one pd9 Roland pad in my set , it could be choked and I thought I needed it to turn on and off the sound loops in the td10....just as you said, until you own them there are things that you don't understand..after I got my set , I realized that anything could be set to turn things on and off....the Roland demo tape had me believing otherwise. I felt stupid after the fact, but I still use the pd9 as a china / pang unit on the right side. As far as price with the extra things I added I came up at $3600.00, oh and then head phones..amps...new dw5000 double pedal, roc sok throne, cd player, new truck, ( my wife didn't think the truck was needed as a drum accesory, but I stapled the truck picture in to the Hart catalogue and she went for it) just kidding...all told about 5g's

------------------
                          Rob
                          Rob

Comment

Dam! Helicopter rides for everyone!
                            You guys have been a wealth of information.
                            And definetly appreciated. Rob, that makes alot of sense about the HH config. I think it would get old trying to play natural on a surface thats like a table top. Remember the simmons days? I am also looking at having surfaces that will be somewhat quiet as to not disturb the other tenents. (mainly my wife) I had also read that perhaps this could be a problem with the cymbals being that they are in fact real?
                            One more, the heads are pretty much identical to the vdrums? That is one kit that I was able to get Guitar center to set up lefty. The feel was pretty natural not to mention tops on sensitivity. As far as the truck, tell the wife it is required by every drummer, to play better. Weckl drives Lexus SUV and look at him...
                            Much appreciated Rob.

Black, I thought I had shopped the lowest price from Riksmusic. Musiciansbuy is about 5% lower on everything I'm looking at..
                            Thank you,
                            This sight is second to none.
                            Kyle

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sky10 (edited February 02, 2001).]
                            Kyle Davids
                            Lefty's Hip Pocket
                            My Inspiration

Comment

I thought I had shopped the lowest price from Riksmusic. Musiciansbuy is about 5% lower on everything I'm looking at..
                              Drum World WILL beat their price if you tell them what you are able to buy your gear for. They also ship for free. You need to talk to Jim to get your best deal. 800-335-3445.

Comment

Working...
                              X