Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mackie Fussion 3000 and 1800 Sub Any Experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie Fussion 3000 and 1800 Sub Any Experience?

Replacing sound in 6000 sq. foot, 10 foot high ceiling room. Need sound that rocks. Currently have Powered JBL Eons: two 15's and two 10's -- and it's not even close to being enough.

Anybody use big Mackie Fussion 3000's and Sub (1800)? Would they be too much for my room even if I kept them down to half power?

Appreciate your answers.

NoTalent

You throwing house parties, or what?

The only thing I can recommend are ER25 earplugs, or you'll go deaf, my good man (or woman)!

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Stu,

Thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate. I know how powerful they are. I want crisp clean sound, not the stuff you get when you have to run a speaker up to its max. I am attracted to the Fussions because they can be run at low levels where they have perfect sound dispersion. I think at half level with 200-300 people in the room that it will be a full experience for everyone, but I have no experience with them in that setting -- it's a little hard to get anybody to "demo" a set when they cost as much as they do.

Thanks,

NoTalent

Comment

We recently played a gig in fron of about 500 people, the PA consisted of 4 Mackie SRM 450s and 4 SRS 1500s. The sound was crystal clear, and there was power to spare.
        That's my recommendation for a small, simple PA for 2-300 people, and I'm sticking to it. In fact, my band is now requesting that PA configuration where we can.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

NoTalent,

I am using two Mackie SRM450's and one SRS1500 sub and this really sounds great for a monitor for my VCustoms. Last week I had the opportunity to check out two Mackie configurations at the Guitar center. The first was two SRM1530's physically sitting on top of two SRS1500 subs and they sounded even better than the SRM 450's w/ the same sub. The only problem with this setup is that the SRM1530's might not be high enough over peoples heads to project to the back of the room, whereas the SRM450's can be put on poles. The Fussion series must sound unbelievable but they are extremely heavy to transport. If this is for a fixed installation and you've got the bucks then I'm sure the Fussion series will give you the ultimate sound you are looking for. I trust Mackie products and they really sound better than almost anything in their price range.

Comment

NoTalent

I actually have 2-mackie fussion 1800s subs along with 2-mackie fussion 1232s. They have killer sound that's crystal clear. I have used mine for sound in my studio and sound for 1 wedding. A pair of each of these speakers will fill up that 6000sqft area with sound and then some. I have never moved the pot on the back over 2 and would blow the cobwebs out the room hehe!! I love these speakers!! They still look and sound like brandy new ones. But, I understand what your wanting to do with sound and yes these would be right for what your wanting that's why I bought these. If ya think that ya might be interested in them contact me.

Comment

NoTalent

I actually have 2-mackie fussion 1800s subs along with 2-mackie fussion 1232s. They have killer sound that's crystal clear. I have used mine for sound in my studio and sound for 1 wedding. A pair of each of these speakers will fill up that 6000sqft area with sound and then some. I have never moved the pot on the back over 2 and would blow the cobwebs out the room hehe!! I love these speakers!! They still look and sound like brandy new ones. But, I understand what your wanting to do with sound and yes these would be right for what your wanting that's why I bought these. And yes, you can feel the sub in your chest hehe!! If ya think that ya might be interested in them contact me.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsextreme View Post
                NoTalent

I actually have 2-mackie fussion 1800s subs along with 2-mackie fussion 1232s. They have killer sound that's crystal clear. I have used mine for sound in my studio and sound for 1 wedding. A pair of each of these speakers will fill up that 6000sqft area with sound and then some. I have never moved the pot on the back over 2 and would blow the cobwebs out the room hehe!! I love these speakers!! They still look and sound like brandy new ones. But, I understand what your wanting to do with sound and yes these would be right for what your wanting that's why I bought these. And yes, you can feel the sub in your chest hehe!! If ya think that ya might be interested in them contact me.
                You do know this is an 11 eleven year resurrection right? In fact....I think this is the oldest post I've ever seen dug up.
                8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

GRAVE DIGGER! lol!
                  Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
                  X