Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Money no object -- Which set? -- absolute best!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money no object -- Which set? -- absolute best!

So let's say money is absolutely no object.

What drum set? What module? What accessories? Tell me about your ideal set as of Aug 23, 2001.

Any preferences on powered speakers to bring it all home?

Thanks,

NoTalent

Roland TD-5 trap kit with a highperformance inverted kit beater to really rock the set. Throw in a Rogue 25 watt PA system to keep your neighbors awake and then, to seal the deal paint the rack pink. That would be my ideal set. Maybe some power-puff girls stickers selectively placed throughout. Did I forget the broken bar stool as a throne. Hey, if you are really splurging I hear Casio is tearin up the keyboard market.

(I may be a grouch, but I'm getting tired of the ultimate kit post. Sorry it is almost Friday and I'm venting)

Simple answer - V-session!
    V-Session

Comment

Even if money is no object, there is no way to answer a question like that for someone else, even if you know a lot about them, their needs, preferences, intended use, etc., (which we don't).

On a related note, I'm thinking about getting some triggers for my Muppet Babies drum kit for the more "intimate" venues. I'll sit on an overturned stock pot, and mic the two tin cymbals because I prefer the versatility of acoustics.

Comment

Sure, if money is really no object I would just buy one of every module and every pad from each manufacturer. And also, one very large cup of coffee .
        E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
        A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

...and some really long (electric) sticks.

Comment

So guys....

...can you cut me some slack here.

I need your help. Maybe I don't know how to optimally use the search tool on this site, but I have not been able to find a thread that deals specifically with the technology that is available now. Maybe one of you could point me to a few threads.

Also, scratchcat, what would you add to the V-session -- it does not ship complete.

Thanks,

NoTalent

Comment

No talent:

This is vdrum site so most of these guys think vdrums are best. (Some prefer DDRUM or Yamaha) It is all a matter of preference but the two big Roland modules are the TD-10 and the TD-8. Run a "TD* vs. TD*" search and it will bring back some good threads and give you ideas for more searches. Also do a search on "dtextreme" and "DDRUM". The bottom line is your going to have to get out there and try some stuff out and spend lots of time online to see what YOU like. There are no shortcuts in this area.

I am not sure what you mean by the v-session "doesn't ship complete". I believe the only thing it doesn't come with is a throne, snare stand, and kickpedal.

You might want to put on your asbestos suit why your at it.

Comment

Also some searches on "Hart", "JBL", and "Mackie" might be beneficial to you.

Comment

half,

Thanks for the comments. I'm sold on the TD-10 (unless someone can tell me the TD-12 will be out soon). I'm wondering about the V-session set vs. Pintechs (for example) plus TD-10. I'm not a drummer (duh, really?). I'm setting this up for a slew of drummers that will come through -- I want as many of them to be happy as possible.

I need electronic because it's all recorded, etc. I want to know what you think is the sturdiest and best throne, snare stand and kick pedal that will keep the majority of players happy. Also have read of the complaints about plastic clamps, etc. This set will not be moving, will not be taken down very much. So I'm thinking the Roland stand will probably be okay.

In regard to the asbestos -- I have so many third degree burns that the flames find no pain fibers any more.

So, in addition to NoTalent, I also have NoPain

Comment

If it's all going to be recorded, and not moved, you will certainly NOT need a massive monitor system. In fact it would go better to get a decent pair of headphones and a headphone preamp.

Definately go with TD-10 for recording, it has 8 outputs over the TD-8's 4. Much better. As for Ddrum, DTXtreme I don't have enough experience of either to comment.

Good Luck!
                    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Mr. NoTalent,

The V-session is a complete machine. Yeah, you need a throne, pedal and snare stand. I use a roc n' soc throne, iron cobra double and a pearl stand. If you want to make a "slew" of drummers happy, trust me, the v-session will deliver. Be cautious though, some guys used to acoustics may not take to the v-cymbals. Sorry, your ques. are just too vague to answer. Narrow it down a bit and some of the old school'ers will lighten up. Anyone with 500 posts or more has been chained to a set of drums so long they can't see straight. Take it easy!
                      V-Session

Comment

I want to know what you think is the sturdiest and best throne....[/B]
                        I will not touch most of your questions, you just can't tell. It is a "feel" thing. I think that the KD-7 blows the KD-120 out of the water (I am NOT starting a thread with that guys ) What one person likes, someone else might not. BUT...for a throne, there is no question in my book a "roc n' soc" throne is the best there is bar none. Get one and your drummers will be happy, or at least their ass will (does that sound funny???)

:rolleyes:

Comment

I actually like the pork pie thrones better than roc-n-soc. The pork pies are about $119 and feel like you're sitting on a cloud.

Comment

Tama HT610 1st Chair "Sumo Seat". As D1ck Vitale would say, "It's awesome, baby!"

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited August 23, 2001).]
                            TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

If I could start over from square one, I'd end up with the exact same thing I have now. So I guess you could say that in my opinion, here's the ultimate set:<ul>[*]Roland V-Pro Set</li>[*]2 Chokable Hart ECII Crashes</li>[*]1 Visu-lite China</li>[*]1 Hart ECII Ride</li>[*]1 Roland V-Cym Hi-hat</li>[*]Hi-hat that came with the V-Pro moved to the right side</li>[*]2 Pintech Concert Cast kick triggers</li>[*]2 DW 5000 Accelerator Pedals</li>[/list]It may not be anyone else's dream set-up, but it is mine.

------------------
                              Drooling Dog

[This message has been edited by Drooling Dog (edited August 23, 2001).]
                              - Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X