Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the diff. between upgrade and new TD10's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the diff. between upgrade and new TD10's

I need some clarification here. I'm considering buying a used TD10 then install the the TDW1 expansion card then send it to Roland for the free upgrade. When this is complete, will my unit be the same or as good as the new units currently being sold? Will I miss out on anything or will the units be the same? Thanks

Old TD-10 w/ a new TDW-1 Expansion care should be the same as a new TD-10/TDW-1 unit.

Also, note on the TDW-1. If you haven't already got it, then the new TDW-1 you buy should already have the V-Cymbal control built in--no need to send them in (I think the TDW-1 package says whether it has "V-Cymbal" control). If you've got one already that doesn't have V-Cymbal control, then just 1) send the card to Roland for the upgrade or 2) return the TDW-1 and trade it for one that has V-Cymbal control (don't know your particular store's policy).

Hope this helps.

Comment

I had the same question when I bought a used TD-10. I called Roland and it doesn't matter hold old the ROM version in the TD-10 is, since the TDW-1 ROM effectively replaces the operating system. If buying a TDW-1 new, look for one with a V-Cymbal sticker.

I'm curious though - does the TD-10EX that comes with the new V-session have a TDW-1 in it - or is the original ROM just upgraded to include all the goodies?? Probably the former, just so no one feels like they have been gipped?? Or maybe both ROM's are needed memory wise for all the kits themselves, even though the new OS resides on the new ROM. That must be it - probably answered my own question...

Comment

The session kit you have to install the TDW-1 it does not come pre-installed I believe.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by Drummersdad:
          - does the TD-10EX that comes with the new V-session have a TDW-1 in it - or is the original ROM just upgraded to include all the goodies?? Probably the former, just so no one feels like they have been gipped?? Or maybe both ROM's are needed memory wise for all the kits themselves, even though the new OS resides on the new ROM. That must be it - probably answered my own question...
          The Session kits come with a TDW-1 (with V-cymbal control) in a separate box to be installed by the purchaser. Roland Japan says they may/will eventually be supplied with the card installed in the TD-10 at the factory. I don't know if the latest ones ship with the card already in or not.

Comment

Thanks to everybody for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X