Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.


No announcement yet.

what is this

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what is this

    I have come across an item called roland dp-2
    damper pedal. What does it do and what does it effect? Is this a good thing?

  • #2
    It's a momentary contact switch, commonly used as a sustain pedal for keyboards. It could be used as a footswitch to change kits, patterns etc. You'd want to Y it and have a second one to go up and down.


    • #3
      so if I understand you correctly, I should get two of them or one and then split the line.


      • #4
        Yes, you need one pedal to go down and one to go up. Most of these pedals are very inexpensive, so it's not a big expense. I believe Roland sells a pre-made Y for this purpose, perhaps someone can help with a model number.


        • #5
          Originally posted by Harlock:

          From experience, DP-2s are not Y'able to use as 'ups & down' switches... Boss' FS-5Us are...

          good luck
          What's the difference?? A switch and a switch?
          Music was my first love...