Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

you know what I hate? (yes, I know, I've posted two in a row.. I'm bored)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know what I hate? (yes, I know, I've posted two in a row.. I'm bored)

there's no tap function on the td-10!!! does a tap function exist anywhere else? you know, press a button in time with the downbeat or whatever, and the box tells you what bpm you're at? also, the fact that the tempo is only adjustable in whole-number increments. Seriously, It'd be nice to have a click track to go along with whatever I'm playing alongside..

You do have a click track on the td10. You can run it through the main outs or just the headphones. Theres no tap function but its not hard to set the click.

Comment

Originally posted by alacrity024:
      also, the fact that the tempo is only adjustable in whole-number increments. Seriously, It'd be nice to have a click track to go along with whatever I'm playing alongside..
      This is incorrect. You can get the onboard to click 1-e-and-a-2-e-and-a and so on.

:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by alacrity024:
        there's no tap function on the td-10!!! does a tap function exist anywhere else? you know, press a button in time with the downbeat or whatever, and the box tells you what bpm you're at? also, the fact that the tempo is only adjustable in whole-number increments. Seriously, It'd be nice to have a click track to go along with whatever I'm playing alongside..

Since you are bored so much that you have time to post a request for data that is in the manual, wouldn’t taking the time and reading the manual be helpful? Especially if the data is in the manual to begin with?

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

okay, either everyone who read my post was completely stupid, or I miscommunicated my qualm. My guess, based on simple statistics, is that I was unclear. Say there's some song with a tempo of, oh, we'll say 120.5 beats per minute.. I could set my internal beatkeeper to 120, or 121, but no matter what I do, unless I keep starting it and restarting it, the click track will always drift out of sync with whatever i'm playing along with. However, if I use an external midi source, such as a sequencer, to trigger a click track in the td-10, can I get .1 bpm adjustability provided I adjust the tempo via the external source?

and svook, not to rail on you, I've got mucho respect for you, but I wasn't looking to see if a beatkeeper actually existed within the td-10, instead I was *****ing that there was no tap function and you couldn't adjust the tenths values.. so, like I said, I'm not trying to retaliate, or antagonize or anything, but hold off a little

adam

Comment

Point well taken adam.

I was not trying to PUSH the issue of reading the manual. I guess in my point of view is - reading the manual is as important as having this forum and members that can help, but once a edrum system is purchased and you start getting into edrums the manual needs to be addressed by all – it does serve its purpose (no matter how some manuals are for sh!ts), it does bring one closer to understanding their systems.

I had my V’s for 2 ˝ years and played out live quite a bit before I found this forum so to the manual was the only source and it made me a better edrummer and a user – I had the displeasure of learning the TD-7 manual, back in 1992 (it had mistakes all over the pace) and still I felt I learned more by just applying my self a bit to further my knowledge by committing to the manual.

Sincerely,

Steve

------------------
            szvook
            Studio

Comment

Working...
            X