Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 grand for V-session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 grand for V-session

Hi,

I have to have these drums. They quoted me 5-grand even at Mars for the V-session setup complete. Is this about the going rate? Any advice appreciated as this is my first foray into v-drums.

Check out drummusic.com, currently going for $4400 there (with your choice of red, purple or white!). Some here have seen it for under $4000, I think at Riksmusic.com, but don't quote me on that.

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally quoted by mcconaghy:
      Some here have seen it for under $4000, I think at Riksmusic.comStu

Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by halfnote:
        I have to have these drums. They quoted me 5-grand even at Mars for the V-session setup complete. Is this about the going rate? Any advice appreciated as this is my first foray into v-drums.
        I got my Session kit from Midwest Percussion for right at $4K. You will also need a snare stand, throne and bass pedal(s) if you don't already have some you can use.

Comment

LOL @ Steveo.

------------------
          Drooling Dog
          - Scott

Comment

Have you or anyone you know ordered a non-red v-session (from drummusic.com or elsewhere)? I too HAVE to get one of these, I am just not thrilled about red. Do you know if the white kit still comes with the same kind of rack (anodize ribbed aluminum)?

Regards,
            Robb

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
            Check out drummusic.com, currently going for $4400 there (with your choice of red, purple or white!). Some here have seen it for under $4000, I think at Riksmusic.com, but don't quote me on that.

Stu

Comment

I have the same problem. Red is not going to work for me. I emailed drummusic.com asking about the rack that comes with the white session kit and they replied:

"The drum stand that comes with the 'V-Session White" has a black color."

So I of course emailed back asking if it was the stand that comes with the v-pro and they have not responded yet. If they don't respond shortly I will try again.

I do know the drummusic.com is located Belgium and there is about a 200 dollar shipping charge, which I believe puts the kit at about $4500. Some people at this site have also reported minor unexpected COD charges.

Not a troll,

-halfnote

Comment

I haven't seen anything that suggests that the Session kit is packaged from Roland in different colors. The red, purple and white PD-100s and PD-120s are available from the various Roland kits and any dealer who will mix and match can do this for you. I would expect that you could ask for any Roland rack while you're at it, but I doubt they can produce a white one, or the new stronger rack in black, etc. (Get a Gibraltar, its better and cheaper anyway and someone who will allow you to mix and match, won't mind, because the rack comes in a separate box from Roland anyway.)

I am having my Session kit, (once I have all the pads that I am adding with my addition of a TD-6), custom covered. Now I am very partial to red, just not the Session black to red to white digital fade thing. I may go with a prism type red and/or red sparkle. The other alternative I'm leaning toward is black. Yeah, stealth drums...black with black cymbals...cool. But then I'll need to do something about that red rack. Hmmm. I'll post a pic when I get it all together.

Comment

Upon further research I discovered that US Customs can tack on as much as 5% of the price onto your order. I might just get the red and do some spray painting. Or get the pros and upgrade, or maybe go with Hart..so many choices.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                    The other alternative I'm leaning toward is black. Yeah, stealth drums...black with black cymbals...cool. But then I'll need to do something about that red rack. Hmmm. I'll post a pic when I get it all together.
                    I bet black drums with the red rack would look great! I like the idea of putting my own thang together and sticking it on a gibralter rack. But my problem is that I want all the stuff that comes with the v-session and the dealers that I have emailed say that doing it this way is not cost effective. The only mix and matcher I have found is the Belgium place and I am not sure I want to go that route. Where there's a will there's a way.

Comment

The red rack is pretty cool. The red drums are another matter. I agree with halfnote. Black drums on the red rack would look good. I am torn between the all-in-one v-session route OR the peice-by-peice route of getting the v-pros, & the tdw-1 and the v-cymbals. I haven't priced it out, but I am guessing the latter is much more painful in a dollar-sense. I keep wondering, which is more painful? The red drums or the hit to the wallet?

Further ideas, comments, musings welcome. . .

Cheers,
                      Robb

Comment

Haven't priced putting together a white or purple Session kit (which are the only other factory "options") but if it is more expensive than a Session than consider this. You can have all six red drums professionally recovered for about $300 or you can DIY for under $75 for proper drum shell cover material, or under $25 for heavy duty Con-Tac paper as seen in some posts here. (Just don't cover your Sessions in black, damn it.)

Comment

Yessss. . . EXCELLENT point. I think that settles it. (note to self: find vendor of drum covering finishes). A Chrome-like covering would be killer. . . :-)

Comment

I loved the Session's but couldn't do the red color. So, I bought a set of V-Pro's from samash.com for $3000 (which came with the purplelish-blue rack and white shells), sold off the three new PD-9's and the KD-7 that came with the Pro's and added a KD-120, the TDW-1 expansion card, and the four new array of V-cymbals for a net cost of $4200. Essentially, I created a Session set but in the colors I wanted at a reasonable price, and kept the PD-7 as an effect pad. I'm a happy camper...eh, drummer.

Comment

Working...
                            X