Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

5 grand for V-session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 grand for V-session

Hi,

I have to have these drums. They quoted me 5-grand even at Mars for the V-session setup complete. Is this about the going rate? Any advice appreciated as this is my first foray into v-drums.

Check out drummusic.com, currently going for $4400 there (with your choice of red, purple or white!). Some here have seen it for under $4000, I think at Riksmusic.com, but don't quote me on that.

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally quoted by mcconaghy:
      Some here have seen it for under $4000, I think at Riksmusic.comStu

Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by halfnote:
        I have to have these drums. They quoted me 5-grand even at Mars for the V-session setup complete. Is this about the going rate? Any advice appreciated as this is my first foray into v-drums.
        I got my Session kit from Midwest Percussion for right at $4K. You will also need a snare stand, throne and bass pedal(s) if you don't already have some you can use.

Comment

LOL @ Steveo.

------------------
          Drooling Dog
          - Scott

Comment

Have you or anyone you know ordered a non-red v-session (from drummusic.com or elsewhere)? I too HAVE to get one of these, I am just not thrilled about red. Do you know if the white kit still comes with the same kind of rack (anodize ribbed aluminum)?

Regards,
            Robb

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
            Check out drummusic.com, currently going for $4400 there (with your choice of red, purple or white!). Some here have seen it for under $4000, I think at Riksmusic.com, but don't quote me on that.

Stu

Comment

I have the same problem. Red is not going to work for me. I emailed drummusic.com asking about the rack that comes with the white session kit and they replied:

"The drum stand that comes with the 'V-Session White" has a black color."

So I of course emailed back asking if it was the stand that comes with the v-pro and they have not responded yet. If they don't respond shortly I will try again.

I do know the drummusic.com is located Belgium and there is about a 200 dollar shipping charge, which I believe puts the kit at about $4500. Some people at this site have also reported minor unexpected COD charges.

Not a troll,

-halfnote

Comment

I haven't seen anything that suggests that the Session kit is packaged from Roland in different colors. The red, purple and white PD-100s and PD-120s are available from the various Roland kits and any dealer who will mix and match can do this for you. I would expect that you could ask for any Roland rack while you're at it, but I doubt they can produce a white one, or the new stronger rack in black, etc. (Get a Gibraltar, its better and cheaper anyway and someone who will allow you to mix and match, won't mind, because the rack comes in a separate box from Roland anyway.)

I am having my Session kit, (once I have all the pads that I am adding with my addition of a TD-6), custom covered. Now I am very partial to red, just not the Session black to red to white digital fade thing. I may go with a prism type red and/or red sparkle. The other alternative I'm leaning toward is black. Yeah, stealth drums...black with black cymbals...cool. But then I'll need to do something about that red rack. Hmmm. I'll post a pic when I get it all together.

Comment

Upon further research I discovered that US Customs can tack on as much as 5% of the price onto your order. I might just get the red and do some spray painting. Or get the pros and upgrade, or maybe go with Hart..so many choices.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                    The other alternative I'm leaning toward is black. Yeah, stealth drums...black with black cymbals...cool. But then I'll need to do something about that red rack. Hmmm. I'll post a pic when I get it all together.
                    I bet black drums with the red rack would look great! I like the idea of putting my own thang together and sticking it on a gibralter rack. But my problem is that I want all the stuff that comes with the v-session and the dealers that I have emailed say that doing it this way is not cost effective. The only mix and matcher I have found is the Belgium place and I am not sure I want to go that route. Where there's a will there's a way.

Comment

The red rack is pretty cool. The red drums are another matter. I agree with halfnote. Black drums on the red rack would look good. I am torn between the all-in-one v-session route OR the peice-by-peice route of getting the v-pros, & the tdw-1 and the v-cymbals. I haven't priced it out, but I am guessing the latter is much more painful in a dollar-sense. I keep wondering, which is more painful? The red drums or the hit to the wallet?

Further ideas, comments, musings welcome. . .

Cheers,
                      Robb

Comment

Haven't priced putting together a white or purple Session kit (which are the only other factory "options") but if it is more expensive than a Session than consider this. You can have all six red drums professionally recovered for about $300 or you can DIY for under $75 for proper drum shell cover material, or under $25 for heavy duty Con-Tac paper as seen in some posts here. (Just don't cover your Sessions in black, damn it.)

Comment

Yessss. . . EXCELLENT point. I think that settles it. (note to self: find vendor of drum covering finishes). A Chrome-like covering would be killer. . . :-)

Comment

I loved the Session's but couldn't do the red color. So, I bought a set of V-Pro's from samash.com for $3000 (which came with the purplelish-blue rack and white shells), sold off the three new PD-9's and the KD-7 that came with the Pro's and added a KD-120, the TDW-1 expansion card, and the four new array of V-cymbals for a net cost of $4200. Essentially, I created a Session set but in the colors I wanted at a reasonable price, and kept the PD-7 as an effect pad. I'm a happy camper...eh, drummer.

Comment

Working...
                            X