Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

CY-6 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY-6 settings

Hey-- Just got 2 of the new CY-6 pads. Love the feel but am having trouble getting the resonse to where I want. Fist thing is that I want my crash sounds to be on the edge of the cymbal. I don't want to strike the pad with the tip of my stick I want to hit them with the middle, that's the whole reason I bought them, the pd-9's were killing my hands. I'm curious to what others have set up for settings for sensitivity etc.. Mine are very inconsistent. I can ride the crash then all of a sudden I'll get a huge loud crash sound. Very annoying.. I have a TD-10 expanded by the way...

Love to hear some comments..

Thanks
    Chris

Chris,
    Without knowing what type of module, etc., you have, it is difficult to give you settings. Assuming you have already selected the optimum trigger type for your setup, go into the mixer section and adjust the volume/sensitivity for the specific inputs you have the CY-6s on. I made edges (rims) more sensitive and set up a medium loud curve. I use these as splashes, crashes mostly, so I adjusted mine so that there is very little dynamic difference in the sound produced from medium to hard hits. If you have hot spots, there are adjustments to minimize that (do a search) or you can physically rotate the cymbal a little so you are least likely to hit there.

Comment

Read the manual that came with the CY-6 it tells you all the settings. I will function fine at these settings tweeking may be needed or your playing stlye but start there first.

------------------
      Ted H.
      www.tocsinrocks.com
      Ted H.

Comment

Strictly referencing the TD-6, the crash sounds are not made to be played as a ride. However, there are crash-ride sounds available that will allow that.

HTH,
        Bob

[This message has been edited by HolShot (edited August 13, 2001).]

Comment

Remember the CY-6 is dual zoned and the "edge" sound must be assigned separately from the "bow" sound. In the module you must select the "rim" trigger of that specific pad # youh have the cy-6 hooked up to.

Comment

Originally posted by HolShot:
            Strictly referencing the TD-6, the crash sounds are not made to be played as a ride. However, there are crash-ride sounds available that will allow that.

[This message has been edited by HolShot (edited August 13, 2001).]
            I found that the CY-6 makes for a crappy ride. If anyone uses it for a ride, what settings do you use???
            :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
            X