Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PM Monitor System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM Monitor System

At chuch we have the V-Pros in a monitor along with the guitars and piano. It is very difficult hearing what I want to hear (i.e. the drums) with all the other stuff. So getting a good mix out of the monitors is difficult. Has anyone used the Roland PM monitor system? Is this a worthwhile solution to the problem we are having? I would like to have the drums sound as good from the monitor as they do in the head phones.

Hi again Ronm,

The PM-3 is great as a monitor. Others chose other solutions . . . if you search for PM-3 you'll find heaps of opinion about the product (and other products).

As far as replecating the sound that you get through headphones - I doubt (because of the laws of physics and limitations of speakers) that you'll match the sound quality of the headphones (assuming that you have 'reasonable' phones). However, the PM-3 does have the advantage of the stereo speakers . . . search and ye shall find!

Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

A sonic maximizer will help too, in addition to a good monitor.

Comment

I'd go with a Sonic Maximizer in conjuction with an outboard mixer, like a Behringer 16-channel. That way you can submix your drums with the Sonic Maximizer making you sound like a Million bucks, mix in your monitor signals and monitor the whole thing through your mixer's headphone out. It'd cost you about the same as a PM-3, but I feel it's far more flexible, not to mention how expandable a rig like that is. You shouldn't have any problems hearing yourself, either.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Working...
        X