Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-Club Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Club Set

Hi, my dad just bought me a set of V-Club drums for my 16th birthday. He also got me a Klipsch THX 200 watt amplified speaker set
    to play them through. They sound great!!

But I thought these drums were supposed to be easier to cart around than real drums. It took me a long time to set them up! Is there some trick to breaking them down and moving them to a gig?

Hi dexter and welcome aboard! Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. Just wanted to say welcome and enjoy your stay. The gang here is great.

-Marc.

p.s. Happy Birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by dexter:
      Hi, my dad just bought me a set of V-Club drums for my 16th birthday. He also got me a Klipsch THX 200 watt amplified speaker set
      to play them through. They sound great!!

But I thought these drums were supposed to be easier to cart around than real drums. It took me a long time to set them up! Is there some trick to breaking them down and moving them to a gig?

What did you find to be hard about the setup? Have you torn down and set up an acoustic set before and found it easier then the e-set? The e-set should not be a burden to tear down and set up, maybe since it is your first time setting up an e-set – “practice makes perfect” as the saying goes.
      Once all of your clamps are set to your liking on the rack, all you have to do is put the pads/cymbals on them and that should do it. If the cables are/were an issue, you just have to find a good solution for them. Some people tie down the cables to the rack, some put them inside the rack tubing, some use cable snakes (my choice).

Try this for now: http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000029.html

Also do a search here on “Tear down and set up”, it might give you some insight as well.

The edrums do take up less space so you shouldn’t have any problems as far as that. The only major job that should face you is setting up the rack and that should not take too much time at all.

Welcome and have fun.

------------------
      szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited August 09, 2001).]
      Studio

Comment

Three ways to speed it up.

#1 Cable Management: I hooked up all my cables, then combined them into 2 (one for the three pedals and one for the drums & cymbals) using zip ties. I then labeled everything with a labelmaker. I used white labels for the ends that go into the instruments and silver for the ends that go into the brain.

You can also get a sharpie permantent marker and discretely mark up your stands and rack so you can line everything up quickly when you set them up again.

I also recommend using the same drum carpet each time. Use a marker or tape to mark where each pedal goes and where each rack leg goes.

------------------
        Drooling Dog
        - Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Drooling Dog:
          Three ways to speed it up.

#1 Cable Management: I hooked up all my cables, then combined them into 2 (one for the three pedals and one for the drums & cymbals) using zip ties. I then labeled everything with a labelmaker. I used white labels for the ends that go into the instruments and silver for the ends that go into the brain.

You can also get a sharpie permantent marker and discretely mark up your stands and rack so you can line everything up quickly when you set them up again.

I also recommend using the same drum carpet each time. Use a marker or tape to mark where each pedal goes and where each rack leg goes.

Very good points

------------------
          szvook
          Studio

Comment

Drool, I have no idea how you came to be a drummer. You seem to have some counting problems there!
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
            X