Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-6 PD-120 and brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6 PD-120 and brushes

I have had no problems with the PD120 as a snare on the TD6 as long as the trigger type is set correctly.

What does not work, is being able to sweep the brushes as on the TD-8/10. The default instrument is the brush for rubber pads - i.e. hit with a stick and get a short swish sound. The TD-8 uses a different brush instrument setting to play the sweep.

The same instrument is available on the TD-6, but it does not work correctly.

What happens, is that when the brush is placed on the mesh, it just keeps triggering t-t-t-t-t-t but does not produce the brush sound.

There is nothing in the manual to say it should not work.

Has anyone had success with this by changing settings or anything?
    Roland TD20 with Pearl double-pedals, and Yamaha 'professional' HH stand. Extra 2 x PD8, CY5 and Yamaha 5" cymbal. Personal PA - HK1000 amp, Koss 3AA headphones, Vic-Firth 5a-extra wood-tip Sticks, V-Expressions kit profiles. Band PA uses 2 x Bose L1 with three subs.

I will reply to myself for everyone's information.

Roland have confirmed that this does not work and the TD-6 works like a TD-7 in this regard.

There is nothing in the specs or manual to let anyone know this limitation.
    Roland TD20 with Pearl double-pedals, and Yamaha 'professional' HH stand. Extra 2 x PD8, CY5 and Yamaha 5" cymbal. Personal PA - HK1000 amp, Koss 3AA headphones, Vic-Firth 5a-extra wood-tip Sticks, V-Expressions kit profiles. Band PA uses 2 x Bose L1 with three subs.

Comment

They might have mentioned it. It's something that the less experienced might take for granted.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
      X