Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

UK Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Dealers

Anybody out there know of any good dealers pref MAnchester area where i can demo the kit?

Whoops, V session or concert, as i believe they are packaged

Comment

There'll be shops in Mancester that Carry V's.

If not, theres Schearers (sp?!) in Leeds, or Carlsbro (Acadamy of Sound) in Sheffield.

Both of which had V-Customs in when I was in the UK back in December . . . I guess they may have the newer kits in now.
      Andy
      TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

If there is an Academy of Sound near you, they should have V-kits, though not necessarily the one you're looking for. I know that the Academy of Sound in Leeds has a V-Club, a V-Custom and a V-Pro with V-Cymbals (effectively a V-Session) on demo, with the option of playing through a PM-3 or a wide range of PA cabs, including the Mackie SRM-450 and the JBL EON powered speakers that are often mentioned on these hallowed pages. This shop is actually the Roland 'Centre of Excellence' for the North of England.

sirtreeman, if you want any further help, I live very near Leeds (Cambridge, as shown to the left, is my Uni address), which isn't too far away from Manchester, although my kit isn't very much like the one you seem to be interested in...

Oz, do you come to Leeds/Sheffield often? I'd love to meet you if you ever return. You talk much sense (especially about PM-3!!).

Schmunk

------------------
        TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, PM-3, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer
        TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Hey Schmunk,

Is the Leeds Carlsbro where it used to be (just off the York Road by Great Clothes & the Irish Centre?)?

I always used to go to Sheffield - it always seemed to have a bigger selection. I'll have to check out Leeds when I return to the UK. I'd certainly like to go there and compare all the different PA's side by side - though not for MONITORING

I actually grew up in West Yorkshire, and only came out to Oz in Jan 2000 (sorry guys a pom in disguise!). I've lived in Bradford, Huddersfield and Halifax and did uni in Leeds. I'm moving back to that area for good in December (I miss the good curries!).

So yeah, perhaps we can meet up later in the year. We can compare tackle so to speak! (I'd like to hear the sort of things you're doing with the outboard gear).

Catch you later.

Andy

Andy
          TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Also Electro-Music Doncaster.
            Ask for Paul.
            www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

from south of UK so can't point towards demo places However if you then think of buying look at footes http://footesmusic.com/ and Wembley web sites http://www.wembleydrumcentre.com

I just bought a TD10 module from http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/ paid in euros and saved £300. Did not have to pay tax as product was bought in a European country

Comment

I get over to the U.K. a couple of times a year these days. I've toured across the pond some, lived in England for a short while about ten years ago, and have some relatives in both England and Scotland that I visit at least once each a year.

Now I've never found a great music shop up in the north of Scotland, so I generally allow some time in London each trip to drop by on old friends and some of my favorite shops and haunts there. Do you lot have any favorite shops, pubs or the like way up north Scotland (Elgin or near) or around London that maybe I haven't checked out? Sometimes even smaller shops are worthwhile for either the people or a specialty line, guitars, etc.

One of my favorites of the past is Anderton's music. They used to have PA and instruments set up outside on the curb in the summer and folks would just walk up, sit in and jam. I've played with Ian Anderson and Sting there (among others).

I'm heading over next in a couple of months. Thinking early October, if I can squeeze in being away for a couple of weeks (otherwise it just isn't worthwhile). Any recommendations?

Comment

Andertons is good and they do carry some stock of Vdrums, The guy there uses vdrums. They also have a good mix of amps, pa etc. The jams seemed to have stopped or I just keep missing them.

For shops there is also Kingfisher in Fleet Hampshire which is about 20 miles from Andertons.

The next lot are all in London http://www.wembleydrumcentre.com seems to carry the biggest stock around and they are competitively priced (for the UK)

For jams around that area here is
                  blues jam at the Lion Brewery Ash, every Thursday
                  Crown N Cushion Minly Road, Fleet every other Tuesday
                  There is also a jam at scratchers in Godalming Ė it has just started and I havenít been yet, so I donít know what day or any other info

Comment

I just bought a set of V-Customs with 2 CY-6 pads instead of 2 of the PD-7 pads, chrome Dixon rack and all the hardware etc. from Kingfisher Music in Fleet for £1721. I don't know if that's the cheapest price around but I have bought a lot of gear from Kingfisher over the years and am happy with their service.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Daveb. Just the kind of thing I was looking for. Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                      X