Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mapex Janus System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapex Janus System

Anybody using the Mapex Janus DB-hihat solution ?
    http://www.mapexdrums.com/janus.html#

If yes, do you like it ?

Thanks.

Originally posted by DVT:
    Anybody using the Mapex Janus DB-hihat solution ? If yes, do you like it ?
    This would probably be more appropriately asked in the acoustic drums section. But anyway, I've tested it and the pedals are pretty average on their own, but the transition mechanism felt a little awkward to me. I was not very impressed though an interesting idea.

Comment

I tried the Janus, and while the whole system seems very solid to me I thought the switching mechanism was kind of hard. I guess I could get used to the method, but I feel there should be a bit less resistance. Also, the pedals were good, but not too great, but since you can attach any twin pedal to the Janus your mileage WILL vary.
      It's a great idea, give Mapex a few years to refine the switching mechanism, and they'll have a winner.

Stu
      "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

But, you can't play double bass with your heel on the high hat pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
          But, you can't play double bass with your heel on the high hat pedal.
          Nope, that's true. But since I rarely play double bass I don't really care. I'd be more interested in the space I'd be saving with the Janus on my acoustics.

Stu
          "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I've tried it following a clinic by Ian Jones and thought that it was an excellent idea and a system that seemed to function well.
            Especially useful for those who may use a little double-bass now and again as oposed to those who thrive on double bass.

Ian (Mapex endorsee!) said that at first he found the pedal 'tricky' or 'uncomfortable' but after a while he found it just fine.

He certainly put it to good use!
            Andy
            TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

I bought one and it's great. The switching unit works super smooth. Playing double bass drums is a no brainer when it comes to switching from high hat to kick. I'd recommend this unit to anyone. If the unit does not switch smoothly it must not be set up properly. Mine works super. The quality of the pedals are very good.

Comment

Working...
              X