Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Snare clamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snare clamp

Does Roland manufacture its own mounting hardware, and if not, is it one of the standard drum companies that makes it for them? Also, is there any reason not to mount the snare pad on the rack instead of on a stand and is there a special clamp to do this? I've read the other threads about the best snare stands to use but there isn't as much discussion about not using one at all.
    Ron

Doesn't your roland snare have the 'adaptor" that will let you hood it onto an L arm? I had a PD120, I could have rack mounted it if I had wanted...but I never would have wanted to..
    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
    Presonus Firepod
    Reaper
    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

I haven't received the set yet. I'm just trying to anticpate the extras I will need and wonder why the snare can't be rack mounted instead of using a separate stand.
      Ron

Comment

It IS rack mounted, see ...

Comment

Sorry, should have been more specific. I'm talking about the V-session set which shows the snare mounted on a stand, not the rack. All of the other sets that I've seen in the stores have the snare on a stand as well.
          Ron

Comment

Originally posted by MacDrumster:
            Also, is there any reason not to mount the snare pad on the rack instead of on a stand.
            For better isolation from false triggering, crosstalk and such, a separate snare stand is ideal.

------------------
            szvook
            Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
              For better isolation from false triggering, crosstalk and such, a separate snare stand is ideal.
              Are you sure? I do not hear any V-Custom-r's complainin' around here. Perhaps you've been reading too much propaganda from snare stand munufacturers or users that are just no freekin good at adjusting their modules.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
                Are you sure? I do not hear any V-Custom-r's complainin' around here. Perhaps you've been reading too much propaganda from snare stand munufacturers or users that are just no freekin good at adjusting their modules.

Nope - from personal experience.

Get on stage with a good stage PA and see how the audio waves can affect the pads that are mounted together. Since the snare gets the most work, to me isolation can only benefit the player to say the least. And I donít want to start the topic (again) of how many do actually play out to notice what can happen in that situation, stage amplification will make a difference Ė once you actually experience it. Marc?

------------------
                szvook
                Studio

Comment

Marc?
                  I doubt that this is your experience alone, so I'll have to think eveyone else is just keepin' quiet about it then. OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
                    I doubt that this is your experience alone, so I'll have to think eveyone else is just keepin' quiet about it then. OK?

Fine by me.

Snare stands RULE!

------------------
                    szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited August 02, 2001).]
                    Studio

Comment

Nah, KD-7's RULE
                      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Snare stands RULE!
                        I actually take the rack mounting thingie off the PD-120 that I use for a snare. If I switch out 120's if one starts getting "tired" I'll do the same and put the hardware back on. In the meantime, I'm looking for a good ashtray/cupholder/etc. of the same circumference as a PD-120 so I can put that worthless mounting thingie to good use. (And yes, I know the cupholder innovation has been done, but I can't wait forever for you to market it!) :;

Comment

Snare stands RULE!
                          I actually take the rack mounting thingie off the PD-120 that I use for a snare. If I switch out 120's if one starts getting "tired" I'll do the same and put the hardware back on. In the meantime, I'm looking for a good ashtray/cupholder/etc. of the same circumference as a PD-120 so I can put that worthless mounting thingie to good use. (And yes, I know the cupholder innovation has been done, but I can't wait forever for you to market it!)

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                            (And yes, I know the cupholder innovation has been done, but I can't wait forever for you to market it!)

Sorry, I'm working on my "drummers diet with mirrors" campaign right now. The cup thingie will follow.
                            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
                            X