Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Rack-mount mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack-mount mixer

I'm currently using up 8 channels on my Mackie board (TD-8, TD-6, D-4, effects--all in stereo) and I want to get that down to 2 channels by way of a submixer. The catch is that I want the mixer in question to be a 1- to 2-space rack-mountable model with a standard 19" width, built-in rack ears, etc. Affordability is also important. The Roland VM-3100 Pro is going for about $350.00 now, so I would say that that's pretty much my price range. The Roland is a tabletop model, however, and that's something I want to avoid if at all possible. Having the TD-8 and the TD-6 hanging out there in the open is enough of a hassle as it is! The mixer need only contain 1/4" ins and outs (preferably balanced), as I don't need it for any mics.

Do any of you guys out there have any recommendations, or, better yet, can you give any feedback on models that you personally have used and would recommend to others?

Thanks in advance,

Mick
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Check out Samson and the Alesis Studio 12r.
    http://www.samsontech.com http://www.alesis.com
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Thers a Peavey one too (1U) but only a basic line-level mixer, no seperate EQ or Effects Inputs.
      www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

Rolls RM65 MixMax 6x4. 6 XLR ins w/ phantom power, 6 1/4" ins, basic tone control. Practical little mixer, and only 1 rackspace. Goes for about $250

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Mackie Mackie Mackie. I have a Rolls and it's not great, it makes everything I run through it sound thin.

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited July 23, 2001).]
          Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

jrcel

What Mackie model do you have? I'm looking into the 1402 VLZ. Do you know what the difference is between the Micro, the regular VLZ, and the VLZ-Pro? I see them on ebay and can't figure out the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jrcel:
              Mackie Mackie Mackie. I have a Rolls and it's not great, it makes everything I run through it sound thin.

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited July 23, 2001).]
              Good to know, I've never tried it, but the one rackspace construction may make it a viable contender for some. If it sounded good, that is.

Mackie it is!
              Stu,
              proud owner of a 1604 VLZ Pro
              "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

The Mackie VLZ Pro series are equipped with the newer and even better XDR (or is it XHR?) pre-amps.
                Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
                X