Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Why if the V-Pro discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why if the V-Pro discontinued?

Does anyone know why this set was discontinued for the Concert set? They are the same set except for color and about $800. I've called about 10 different dealers (online and local) and no one knew why they quit making them. A guy from Music123 said something about different heads (which I don't get). I think that it just has to do with the price. Any opinions or knowledge? I was going to buy this set but now it's getting near impossible to find at a good price.

Originally posted by kv968:
    They are the same set except for color and about $800.
    New color AND the new clamps. Don't forget the clamps for gawdz sake! $800? For Roland, that sounds just about right.

----
    ~-

Comment

Originally posted by kv968:
      Does anyone know why this set was discontinued for the Concert set? They are the same set except for color and about $800.
      You answered your own question don't you think? I'd say it was a good way to up the price and make you think you were getting something different. $800.00 for a choice of one color and some improved clamps (which probably saves them money if they don't have to replace them for breakage so often).
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. This will be my first edrum purchase and I am seriously thinking about getting this set but was nervous as to why it was discontinued. You've eased my worries. I didn't know if there was a legitimate reason for the discontinuation (product flaw, etc...) or if it was to just promote a new and more expensive line. I see the latter seems to be true. I'll gladly save the $800 or so and buy my own clamps and purple paint. Thanks.

Comment

The heads have not changed either. Buy the Pro's. I think the white pads look better than the purple also. The red pads,however, are gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
            The red pads,however, are gorgeous!
            Yeah, yeah...<font color=ff0000>red</font>.

Comment

Yes!

Check it out...

click here: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...069&a=13424669

Comment

I've tried this pic url on 2 pc's. It doesn't work. Bad link or site is down.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

The vpros didnt come with the KD 120 I think I paid $175 and gave the kick tigger out of the box to the dealer. I agree I like the white color and as far as the rack goes "still in the box" I bought a Gibraltar, never did set up the MSD-10 rack. Buy the way its 4 sale "minus" the TD-10 mount clamp. What do you think guys Vpros should go up in price now that you cant get the white anymore (classic)

Comment

Originally posted by barrybonzo:
                    Yes!

Check it out...

click here: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...069&a=13424669
                    Your Link is Broken...........

Comment

Sorry , guys, I posted my pictures using "Photopoint.com" and it the site seems to have gone the way of most websites recently...six-feet-under
                      anyone recommend a good free photohosting service?

Comment

Sorry , guys, I posted my pictures using "Photopoint.com" and it the site seems to have gone the way of most websites recently...six-feet-under
                        I was using Zing. They went under on 7/2. I switched to Photopoint. I found them real slow at times. I dumped them for Fotki. No problems so far, always fast and accessible. They also offer unlimited space and support animated gifs. I hope I'm not jinxing these sites.

Comment

I got an e-mail saying they're back in business. I clicked on your link and saw a placeholder for 4 pics. Maybe you need to sign up again to get them back.

Comment

Working...
                          X