Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Two CY-6 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two CY-6 Questions

1) Are all CY-6's dual-zoned? There aren't any single-zone versions, are there?

2) Is there some kind of special mounting arm I need...at an extra cost, I'm sure?

DJourg

DJourg

I'm quite certain that all the CY 6's are dual zoned.

They mount on an everyday cymbal arm: the only 'special' item you need is the little metal wedge type thingey that sits under the cymbal and aids with the swinging process (ie ensures that the cy6 only swings North to South and only for a certain distance) I guess this prevents excessive wear and tear and also tangled cables!

Oh and bye the way, I got the 'wedge thingey' with my CY6 (it was taken off a TD6K)... I assume that this comes part and parcel when you buy the CY6.

Nice cymbal

[This message has been edited by Oz DrumR (edited July 18, 2001).]
    Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by DJourg:
      1) Are all CY-6's dual-zoned? There aren't any single-zone versions, are there?

2) Is there some kind of special mounting arm I need...at an extra cost, I'm sure?
      DJourg
      Yes, the CY-6's are dual zone pads. They are freekin great. I just ordered a 3rd one yesterday for $79.95 at Sam Ash, and I am planning on getting a 4th one soon. They mount on a standard book arm, and come with the little hardwear thing that you need, although I heard that the Cymbal Springs that are out work even better.

:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by feefer:

Probably best for crash/splash cymbal recreations: don't know if I'd use one for a ride.

(The Rolands swing quite nicely, so it's questionable if there'd be much benefit to a spring. Perhaps someone (Jgel?) could try it and see if an increase in double-triggering occurs with the CY-6).

Chris
        I might try and set one up as a ride. I REALLY want to replace my ride (pd9) with something, and I have yet to be sold on the Hart or Visu-lite, so I think I will try the cy-6 or just buy the Roland Ride.

As for the springs...I like the way that the CY-6's move. They don't swing as much as they have a give to them. Very nice I think. Screw them in a little more and they have less give. I have been wanting to try a spring to see what it would feel like, but I don't want to spend the $14.00 that Sam Ash wants for one, just to try it out.
        :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
        X