Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-6 module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6 module

I just ordered a TD-6 module from AMS. I'm going to use it exclusively as a cymbal sound module. AMS had them in stock and mine is shipping out on Monday. They offer 2-day delivery on any in-stock items, so I should have it toward the end of next week. Then I'll be able to give you guys a more in-depth review of it than my earlier post did ......

Cheers!

Mick
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

I guess the TD-6 module with some CY-6 cymbal pads would be a nice addition to my ddrum stuff as well. But the combination of a blue and a red/pink module would look awfull!
    Music was my first love...

Comment

You have to shop around to get the TD6...
      They are a hit in Holland !! and I heard rumours of long delivery times...

good luck ...

Sjoerd

Comment

Hmmm first I need ddrum pads and then I think it's time to stop buying electronic drum gear for a while
        $$$$$$$$$
        Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Wade:
          I just ordered a TD-6 module from AMS. I'm going to use it exclusively as a cymbal sound module. AMS had them in stock and mine is shipping out on Monday. They offer 2-day delivery on any in-stock items, so I should have it toward the end of next week. Then I'll be able to give you guys a more in-depth review of it than my earlier post did ......

Cheers!

Mick
          Mick,
          I'm considering doing the same thing for extra inputs. Looking forward to your additional review. If it arrived on time, you should have it. What d'ya think?

Comment

Unfortunately, it's sitting at a UPS station in Illinois as we speak. Believe me, I've been following this package rather closely! So it's no dice yet. Tomorrow, perhaps?

By the way, in reference to your "dr. kildrum" handle, are you a Savatage/Steve Wacholz fan, the genuine article, or is the name just coincidence?.....

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited July 11, 2001).]
            TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Definitely a Wacholz fan.

Just read in another post, that the TD-6 was not compatible with the PD-120 pads for dual zones. Not a bigee to me as I plan to use my TD-10exp for the mesh pads, as I believe you are, and use the other module for cymbals and auxillary percussion sounds.

What I'm specifically interested in finding out is whether the TD-6 has enough decent sounds on board for this purpose stand alone. What I suspect is that the TD-10exp cymbal sounds are better, and accordingly, the way to go may be to get the TD-6 for additional inputs, midi the TD-6 to the TD-10exp and trigger most or all of the sounds from the TD-10.

I'm hoping you're going to try to do exactly that. Assuming it works well with no latency/delay problems, I'll be doing that in order to add extra inputs to approximate a configuration similar to what I like in an acoustic kit, along with one or two added "bonus" triggers.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Just got home from work and good news: my TD-6 is here!!!

Unfortunately, the fact that I have a gig tonight is temporarily delaying my impending dive into its inner workings. Expect a post from me late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Don't worry, dr. kildrum, I'll get to you yet ......
                TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Working...
                X