Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hart Ride vs. Visu-lite Ride HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Ride vs. Visu-lite Ride HELP!!!

OK you guys, you convinced me to go with teh CY6's and I am VERY happy. Now I ask you another question. Hart Ride or Visu-Lite Ride. If you have one or the other, what are the advantages and disadvantages? What do you like, hate or just think is OK? I look to you again to help me make a descion
    :rolleyes:

I am asking about the ECymbal II's from Hart, the real metal ones. Thanks

Comment

I can only comment on the Hart ECymbal II.

IMHO, as close as you can get to playing the real thing Ė in every aspect !!! Plus good price.

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

How loud is it when you play on it? Is it louder than the PD-9? Also, does it work well with the TD-10?

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
          How loud is it when you play on it? Is it louder than the PD-9? Also, does it work well with the TD-10?
          It's metal, so it will be a bit louder - but not too noticeable.

In theory it works with the TD-10 (although I have not played the TD-10 with it).

------------------
          szvook
          Studio

Comment

I have two words for you all: VISU-LITE (well, it's actually one word)

Comment

Do you have the Visu-Lite ride??? OK PLEASE....how about more than 2 words (or 1). I am trying to make a decision between the two and WAS leaning towards the Hart. What do you like about the Visu-Lite?????

Comment

Jgel,

If you are concerned about the stick volume from the cymbal, then Ií am a wrong person to ask. I play loud through my PA/reference system Ė 1600 watts (most of the time), and to me stick noise is only a term, that I came across on this forum Ė because I donít get stick noise (most people that have a fairly good system will not have to deal with stick noise).

Also. I play in my studio and if playing at home is the issue, then the stick noise could be a factor (or not?).

As far as performance, the Ecymbal-II hold itís own against anyone. I personally like to play on a cymbal that feels like the real thing Ė the only difference is it does not resonate like the real one.

Keep I mind that my opinion is from using it with the TD-8, so some else please.....lend a hand with Hart & TD-10.

Sky10......you out there? Anyone?

PS: Hart has been beta testing the TD-8 & TD-10 with their products for a while now, best to just contact them and ask the results they got. They are honest folk and will not steer you wrong by no means.

------------------
                szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited June 26, 2001).]
                Studio

Comment

Szvook-
                  Thanks for your feedback. I also think that looks great. Stick noise is not really an issue (too much). Does your ride have have that gum rubber? The entire thing seems great. I was leaning to get one 'till the entire visu-lite topic came up. A lot of people are into those, but I can't find anyone who has the ride.
                  I am sure that the Hart will work with teh TD-10. Thanks for your feeback you have been helpful. One last thing, where did you get yours from? And what do they run???
                  Jason (who is always slow to make a decision when it comes to these things I waited so long on a crash decision that new cymbals came out before I made my decision.)

Comment

Jgel,

Mine is the first Ecymball-II (Iíve had for 3+ years now), with no rubber on it or the bell on top (that is new from Hart). I got mine from a local store Ė West L.A. Music. I bought a MEGAPro set from Hart so I donít really know the individual price for the cymbal alone. Hartís site does have prices for them, but I canít comment if that is what you will pay, contact Hart if you donít have a retailer that carries them. Try www.sepdrums.com as well.

------------------
                    szvook
                    Studio

Comment

Barry,
                      Still waiting on your take of the Visu-Lite ride. Or anyone else out there play these. I know that there has to be someone else out there who plays a Visu-lite ride? Maybe????

Comment

the vis ride responds to every hit very well and is very even across the cymbal. the bell is nice and big and super sensitive also. the stick noise on the rubber 3rd is not too loud at all (well, to me...) but I noticed that when i switched to a stick with a smaller tip (just bought promark's 'acid jazz' ,like a 5A shaft with a teeny round tip, perfect for v-drums) it's less noticiable. I played the roland v-ride and like the vis. better (and it's 18 inches too, I like that !!)

Comment

The prices on the hart site are suggested retail prices, so the acual price will be less.

hart rocks

Kurt
                          Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
                            Still waiting on your take of the Visu-Lite ride. Or anyone else out there play these. I know that there has to be someone else out there who plays a Visu-lite ride? Maybe????
                            I have had the 18" Visu-Lite ride for several months now and I'm extremely happy with it! I labored for months taking sugestions and fishing for feed back just like you. My comments would be:

I like the larger size. I don't know why, I guess size does matter.

I like the sway, its close enough.

Stick noise on the rubber surface is quiet enough to not be a real issue.(outside of an apartment that is). Stick noise on the other surface is considerably louder, although I don't know why you would want to play there.

Triggering is flawless. I just added a splitter to get a separate bell sound and am very pleased with that as well. No wild adjustments were needed. It was almost plug and play. I say almost because I always tinker a little no matter what.

The feel of the stick on the surface is definitely different, it isn't metal you know, but I got used to it the first night so I don't think that's an issue.

Shimmer is non-existent but the give of the sway is a nice feeling.

I big trepidation for me was the color. Their web site sucks when it comes to representing the true colors. I went with the flouracent(sp?) green and am very pleased with it. When hit with a light it looks like neon at the edge.

All in all I would recommend it, just remember your style and tastes will be different from mine.

Now that damn Hi-Hat...

Don't get me started!

------------------
                            RonBon
                            RonBon

Comment

RonBon,
                              Thanks for the detailed info. Man I just don't know on this one. They both sound good. Thanks guys for your help.
                              Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X