Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Kit Configurations, rack styles, and pricing from Hart Dynamics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kit Configurations, rack styles, and pricing from Hart Dynamics

Hart Dynamics has revamped some of their drum kit configurations, and drastically dropped prices. On the larger kits like the Mega and Giga Pro, the racks have been changed from a T-leg style to a 4-post design adding rigidity and room. They look better than ever and will cost less too... I look to see Hart creating some ripples with these new releases.
    They also have a new kit called the Studio SX (in place of the DMPro kit runs) that is going to nail the low-price edrum market. That kit with a TD6 module will dial in under $1600.00....

Go to http://www.hartdynamics.com/products/drumsets for more info....

Just FYI for the Hart fans in here...

Erik
    SEP

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited July 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited July 11, 2001).]

Erik- Thanks for posting this. I have not fully nailed down my decision on the ddrum kit we corresponded on. I am leaning that way, but these look awfully sweet as well. I would not mind buying a gigapro and a different module. I have two issues with my ddrum connection...
    1. the reason that kit is so inexpensive($1995 new in boxes with cymbals and hat)is that the dealer is done with the product. That leaves NO support here in Phoenix.
    2. I really want a sequencer.

I like the looks of these. Pleasse email me some pricing or post it here if you would like....Thanks
    P.S. I think you have my address
    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
    Presonus Firepod
    Reaper
    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

So Erik,
      how much will that pictured kit cost sepdrums.com customers? It looks really nice with the improved rack.

Stu
      "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Wouldn't the T-legs be more stable than the new straight legs? True there is a smaller footprint now, which has its own advantages, but how is it that the new straight legs add "rigidity"?
        - andy

Hart Dynamics ZigaPro Kit (6.4 w/ many extras)

Comment

Hey sepdrums, how much for the above pictured kit with another kick drum added?
          - andy

Comment

Originally posted by drewdrum:
            Wouldn't the T-legs be more stable than the new straight legs? True there is a smaller footprint now, which has its own advantages, but how is it that the new straight legs add "rigidity"?
            Good eye drewdrum. You must have some engineering in your blood. As pictured, the rack seems more prone to "twist". I believe the T-legs were referring to a dual-post only rack (like the V-Customs). Adding post ends to the "wings" does eliminate the need for the T-leg, but the rigidity factor will still be a problem. That's why Roland went to the double-bar method on the Pro rack.

However, if the rack inter-connecting h/w is rock solid and the pads/cymbals and mtg h/w is very light, the system as pictured should be pretty stable. I doubt this very much (especially if someone wants to monsterize this kit), so someone obviously goofed on that rack design. Adding T-legs w/angle brace to the wing posts will fix it.

[This message has been edited by Marc. (edited July 12, 2001).]

Comment

Computer engineering actually Marc, although I'm a software engineer by day. I would've liked to have seen a second horizonal set of bars half way down the legs (like Roland) or some T-legs (which would rival the Pearl ICON). Of course, having both would be totally mosterized.
              Even with a bunch of extra equipment on the pictured rack though, I think things would hold together. Hartware is pretty sturdy stuff, especially the clamps.

When will Hart make a dual trigger PD-9 (or PD-7) clone? I like to use four of them in a row. The rims for woodblocks and the pad for rototoms. Roland's doesn't match well with the chrome mirror finish on the Harts.
              They could even just make the Hammer dual trigger.

------------------
              - andy
              - andy

Comment

The T-Leg racks used two posts with the "T" style legs. There were "wings" on either side - much like the Gibraltar racks. Adding straight posts to the ends of the "wings" eliminates the cantilever forces on the clamps that support them. This also adds lateral support and eliminates the need for T-legs.
                All T-leg racks have large moments at the clamps and therefore need stiffners or braces to help eliminate the force. Since the braces are at an angle, they still do not offer the same support as a straight post.
                Maybe I should have said "more stable" instead of more rigid... Nonetheless the racks are going to work much better.

Erik

Comment

Good enough for me...thanks Erik
                  - andy

Comment

Working...
                  X