Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pintech VK-10 Vertikik - Any Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintech VK-10 Vertikik - Any Good?

I'm really thinking about picking a few of these up. I do NOT like the two KD-7's I have now. I want something with a normal, upright beater motion. Has anyone tried them? Any thoughts on them? Can they be daisy-chained together?

Thanks.

------------------
    Reverend Poppy
    Reverend Poppy

Originally posted by Reverend Poppy:
    VK-10 any good???
    Intersting timing of your question. I mentioned elsewhere that I built a hybrid V-session-like kit for my son with the differnce being Pintech toms, AX13S snare, VK10 kick and the very cool HH10CV pedal. Pintech makes very high quality stuff and the lifetime warranty is so much the better. But like all the kick units (there is a recent thread about a Hart kick disintegrating recently), they are subject to a lot of pounding. We bought one of the first VK-10's released over a year ago - and just yesterday, the tubular head part separated from the top of the metal plate. There were two tack welds holding it on that just gave up from fatigue. I think that the design has changed, since the current pictures now show what they call a "damping isolator" and what look like two attaching bolts - far better arrangement I'd say. Anyhow, I e-mailed Pintech and in their usual fashion - they are bending over backwards to make it right with no pain or strain. Tony offered me an inexpensive upgrade to the CKV (mesh head unit) which I thought was really terrific and which I will do! I think the CKV might be a better choice up front for you - but the great price of the VK-10 with lifetime warranty is nothing to sneeze at. The fact that it is upright with a solid base, carpet screws and solid pedal attachment makes it a bargain for about $80 at places like zzounds.com. And it worked perfectly with the TD-10 default Bank 2 setting on KD120. I'll report on the CKV replacement when I get it. Good luck. Howard

Comment

A little off topic, but I have the CK-V Mesh headed pad. I would suggest this one to anyone with only one or two suggestions.

The head needs some adjustment because this unit has a lot of bounce if it is too tight (but that is to be expected).

The second thing is this unit does not need to be kicked very hard. It works quite well if you have the sensitivity set right.

About three weeks ago I let a non drummer play my kit. He was kicking the CK-V pretty hard and I did not think much of it until I went to play the next day. The foam layer in the unit had failed so triggering was poor. The problem was solved by moving the foam into a different position but I am going to have to replace it.

The CK-V is a good product. The combination of the really loose head and a lead foot caused the foam to fail. I have had this pad for less than a year and have never kicked it very hard because I do not feel the need to. I can get more speed in my double bass drumming with little effort with the sensitivity tweaked into place.

Sorry about the sort of off topic and long winded response but I hope it is informative.

[This message has been edited by Cyberjam (edited June 01, 2001).]
      Kelly Mercer
      Halifax, Nova Scotia
      Canada

My Youtube Channel!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
      http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

Can they be daisy-chained together?

------------------
        Reverend Poppy
        Reverend Poppy

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Poppy:
          Can they be daisy-chained together?
          Sorry, no idea. What do you use daisychaining for?

Comment

To plug one into the other so you can play two pedals without using up two jacks in the brain.

Does the trigger have an input jack, or just output?

------------------
            Reverend Poppy

[This message has been edited by Reverend Poppy (edited June 01, 2001).]
            Reverend Poppy

Comment

I do not like the VK-10 at all. I don't think the feel is good -- nothing like a real BD, it's hard and unforgiving. I couldn't stand it and sold it. There is a reason why the Pintech stuff is cheap: you get what you pay for. The Roland pads blow them away IMO.

Chance

Comment

I just heard back from the factory. They do not daisy-chain, but will run through a Y-jack just fine.

------------------
                Reverend Poppy
                Reverend Poppy

Comment

Just want to clarify that the ACUPAD bass drum "disintegrating" was based on a plastic beater hitting the head at an angle which eventually wore through the head and damaged the trigger. If you protect your acoustic kick with a "patch" I would suggest you do the same with your "mesh head". Felt beaters are less of an issue, but remember, the more surface area contacting the head the better. This may also assist with your "slapback" or double triggering problems.

Peter Hart

Comment

Working...
                  X