Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

NEW Roland V 12 Cymbal??? LOOK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Roland V 12 Cymbal??? LOOK

I just got the newest Sam Ash mailer today, and they have a the 3 new VCymbals and a Roland V 12" as well. 4 different. It has a picture as well. It looks like the V Crash but it is only $95.99. I was going to get the CY6's but this thing looks great. What is it??? I have yet to hear about it. Anyone?????
    :rolleyes:

The CY6 is 12" in diamiter.

Comment

Yea I know, but the picture taht they have listed in the mailer is not the CY6 it is something diferent.

Comment

It is the CY-6. Look at the product number next to the price.
        TD10ex

Comment

The cy-6 is super piece of gear...just got two of them..one as a crash and one im using for my highhat. mounted on a "auxiliary high hat (closed) adapter from gibraltar clamped onto the GIb. rack multiclamp. works great and two zones , use the setting for the pd-120 pad it responds super.

Comment

barry,
            could you post a photo of the HH?
            thanks

Comment

Yea, I decided to get 2 as well today. They are great. I had to crank up the setting on the TD-10, but it workd fine now. I got the at Sam Ash for $79.95 each!! Hell yea. Anyway, I think they are great. They feel so GREAT what you hit them.

Comment

I am still waiting for my red kd-120 and red visulite ride both due in few days. I am going to take a bunch of picts when i get it all together! Try this : play a kit missing a bass drum and only one crash...talk about frustration. Well its all MidwestPercussion's fault by the way, they never told me they were waiting on the kd-120 and I thought it was on its way, they still don't have it so I went with zzounds.com

Comment

I picked up a CY-6 also at the weekend. It's great with the TD-8, I had to tweak the sensitivity up a little, but then she was singing!

Here in Australia they're $250 rrp, I picked mine up at the Guitar Factory (Paramatta) for $200. I'll be getting a second very soon!

A much better feel, and easier to choke.

In the words of big Kev "I'm E-x-c-i-t-e-d!"

Andy
                  TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Oz, I don't think anyone except you and me will understand that last comment!
                    $200 sounds reasonable, I'm heading down to my local shop tomorrow to check them out.
                    They sound quite worthwhile (even cheaper than a good acoustic cymbal too!).

PS did you know that big kev is listing his company on the stock exchange? If you are REALLY excited you can buy some shares!
                    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

There is no photo of the CY -6 in the Sam Ash flyer. All the cymbals in the photo are V's. It is straight from the Roland website. The photo shows 4 so I can see how you could be misled.

Comment

This is about the 10th time I've clicked on this thread because of the big capitalized "LOOK" in the subject, expecting a pic.

------------------
                        Reverend Poppy
                        Reverend Poppy

Comment

Don't you just hate that when people say "LOOK" and there is nothing to see except words.

Comment

ALRIGHT ALREADY!
                            Here is a picture to keep you guys happy!]

Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

You should post that pic in that discussion about God... Jeff Porcaro is God. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Stu
                              "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Working...
                              X