Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Best price for JBL eon15 G2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best price for JBL eon15 G2?

Anyone bought a JBL eon15 G2 lately for a great deal? I want to purchase in the next week or so and was wondering where the best price might be had for the speaker.

I've searched on the topic in the archives, but didn't come up with much in the recent past. Checking around myself (about 10 different places), the best deal I could find was at Rik's Music for $599.95 plus free shipping. Not a bad deal, but is it the best out there from a reputable dealer? Thanks!

Tim

525 plus shipping on ebay.
    shipping was 40 bucks. new in box.
    The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Do a search for posts by me that contain eon, g2, zzounds.

I did a little scam job on Zzounds and kept a record of it here, and I got two of them for $512 each.

I don't remember what the post was called. The scam job still works, I just did it with the Line-6 POD.

BINARY

Comment

Have you had problems with the G2's? Rik's just sent me an update of the quote I requested that stated, "We don't stock the Eon-15G2, they break too much, bad design."

I know there were some problems with the first batch that JBL produced that caused them to blow out, but my understanding from the archives (i.e. JBLPro) was that the problem was fixed. I just got off the phone with Erik at Rik's Music and he said that about 60% of the G2's were coming back blown out. he suggested either the Mackie SRM450 (a fine product given the reviews on Vdrums.com) or the new Yamaha MS400 (which I know nothing about).

Tim

Comment

...I have had no problems with my new Mackies.
          E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
          A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Hi,

I have two G2s. Both myself and the keyboardist go through them for the stereo effect. They work great. Paid 579 for each. Whatever you get, make sure you put them on the stands, it makes a big difference. Really find it hard to believe that 60% came back, they seem real hardy to me.

Thinking about buying two subs as well. Once the BBE 482 was added, the sound really came alive.

Good luck!

Comment

Hi Tim,
              I had I think a total of 6 G2s, all out of the first production. They all blew the high end out after minimal use. BUT!!! JBL stood behind the product and replaced the G2s no problem. Or I should say that Washington Music Center replaced them. The problem has been solved with the G2. I've had mine for several months now and have had zero problems. Good luck!

Comment

OFF TOPIC....

RPG - you use the BBE 482, eh.... What do you think of it...??? I am thinking of adding one to my rack for my PA, but wonder what they actually do....

Thanks!
                Erik

Comment

Hi sepdrums and Tim,

The BBE 482 for me was the "something is missing" in the sound that occurred when transfering between my headphone practice routine and live with the G2s.

Apparently, it corrects out of phase frequencies or "envelope distortion" that add clutter to your amplified signal. I also believe that it bolsters some of the mid-low frequency overtones, that seems to be missing in the amplified drum sounds, especially with my favorite kits. The result is a richer, more fuller sounding set of toms, a deeper bass, and a sparkle to the cymbals. The snare also picked up a lot of middle frequency which was definitely missing before. I highly recommend it. I also recommend playing in stereo (two G2s) not to mention the extra overhead (another 400 watts!) and getting the things up in the air (on stands). This seemed to really increase our sound as well.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by sepdrums:
                    ....but wonder what they actually do....
                    Erik
                    There is an on line demo at www.bbesound.com

With decent speakers you might get a good idea of what it does.
                    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I agree with going for the speaker stands, if possible. At first I figured I didn't really need them and it would be more $ uneccessarily spent. But things were getting real cramped in my practice space and I kept on tripping over my Mackies. GC had some stands on sale so I got two. What a major improvement! Now the sound goes exactly where I need it to and at the right height. Totally worth the investment, IMHO.
                      E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
                      A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Steele:
                        Have you had problems with the G2's? Rik's just sent me an update of the quote I requested that stated, "We don't stock the Eon-15G2, they break too much, bad design."

I know there were some problems with the first batch that JBL produced that caused them to blow out, but my understanding from the archives (i.e. JBLPro) was that the problem was fixed. I just got off the phone with Erik at Rik's Music and he said that about 60% of the G2's were coming back blown out. he suggested either the Mackie SRM450 (a fine product given the reviews on Vdrums.com) or the new Yamaha MS400 (which I know nothing about).

Tim
                        Tim, I bought a G2 with my new V-Session Kit and it sounds great with plenty of power! I have had no problems at all with it(knock on wood). I don't understand that 60% comment either. Sounds like they just want to sell you something else to me. Don't think you can go wrong with the JBl or the Mackie. I'm from the old rock-n-roll era. Went for the JBL!

Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

Comment

No problem with my G2, and I've had it for quite a while. I haven't heard of any problems with G2s in quite a while. I also believe that Rik might be trying tosell you a pricier speaker.

Search the archives; there's a shop outside Chicago that sold me a G2 for $550 shipped. I'm also considering a second G2, the BBE processor (I have one built into my car stereo), and stands. $^)

Comment

Working...
                          X