Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

the fd7 and the alesis dm pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the fd7 and the alesis dm pro?

hey,
    does anyone know if the roland fd7 hihat control is compatable with the alesis dm pro. i was going to buy a fd7 for my set so i looked on ebay and saw someone selling one. when i read the description they said they were selling it because it didn't work with there alesis module!!!!! so now i'm not sure if they were using an older alesis or what. also if the fd7 isn't compatable with my module what would be a good hihat control instead of the fd7. thanks alot!!

I believe lots of people like the Hart pedal(over the FD-7). The Hart pedal is sure to work with your DM-Pro.
    Music was my first love...

Comment

The DM Pro manual is available here, http://www.alesis.com/products/dmpro/index.html
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

does anyone know where i can get a hart hi hat pedal. i looked at midwest, zzounds, and musicians friend but i didn't see any. has anyone actually used the pedal and is it worth the money.
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by furtherdownNIN:
          does anyone know where i can get a hart hi hat pedal. i looked at midwest, zzounds, and musicians friend but i didn't see any. has anyone actually used the pedal and is it worth the money.
          thanks

Over all: Very good pedal (for an e-pedal).

Do a search here for: Hart hi-hat pedal

Try - www.sepdrums.com

Worst-case scenario www.hartdynamics.com

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited June 25, 2001).]
          Studio

Comment

My fd-7 works like a champ with my DM Pro...

Are you using a stereo cable??

Go back to the manual and I guarantee you can get it to work....

Comment

Originally posted by captain54:
              My fd-7 works like a champ with my DM Pro...

Are you using a stereo cable??

Go back to the manual and I guarantee you can get it to work....
              He hasn't bought it yet.. he's considering

Comment

Sorry....I promise I will never be a horse's ass again...

Comment

I see alot of questions begining with , do you know where I can find? The Internet was developed for scientific research, it's the most complete tool ever devised by man for finding anything to do with anything and it's literally at your finger tips. You can find anything on earth, if it's out there, you can find it on the net. Just run some different searches.
                  Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Captain don't worry your not an ass, you answered my question! Thanks!
                    On the other hand I'm sorry for offending jrcel by asking such a backward and stupid question. I mean what was i thinking, trying to save some time by asking a question instead of sifting through the incrediable amount of crap on the internet. Geeze i feel like such a fool now. And it's not like i had already tried to find a hart pedal at midwest, musician's friend,zzounds, and ebay. Damn, I'm so stupid.
                    They should really screen all the questions that are asked on this OPEN forum to make sure things that would help people... i mean things that would make the great jrcel waste his time don't make it. If you thought the question wasn't up to your standards you didn't have to respond to it, this isn't your job or anything.
                    But anyway thanks captain!

Comment

Ding ding!
                      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
                      In the blue corner we have jrcel, author of 132 posts and member of the Vdrums.com website for 4 months.
                      In the red corner we have furtherdownNIN, author of 13 posts and member of the Vdrums.com website for 2 months.
                      Both of these members are a little bit pissed with each other and are here to sort it out for your entertainment pleasure. Both are fluent in chat, backchat, and antibackchat. It promises to be quite an evening!
                      Caught in the middle we have captain54 who is concerned he has become a replica of a horse's backside!
                      So grab another bag of popcorn, a couple of beers from the fridge and settle in!
                      Leeets GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!
                      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Sheesh Jrcel........ what do you care whether people talk on this forum about stuff of which you think they could have found it with a search engine?

Comment

Calm down, I meant no offense. I just wanted to point out that the internet is a great way to get information on your own, instead of waiting for a coupe of days for an answer from a board member. If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day etc.............. With regards to a DM Pro and FD7 pedal, I was told by an Alesis engineer that the DM Pro hat input was designed to work specificaly with an FD7, being that Roland is the most prolific edrum company in the world.

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited June 27, 2001).]

Comment

Hello.

I have a dm pro. I researched all the drum forums and came to the conclusion that I wanted to go with the hart epedal, even though when you RTFM it recommends the fd-7. I went to the local guitar center and proceeded to special order a hart epedal. It was hard to resist walking out with an fd-7 in hand instead of a receipt for a pedal that had to be ordered from the east coast. I had to coax the guitar center folks that yes, they were a hart dealer, and yes, they could get a hart epedal. It took about half an hour, as they did not have the item in their "system". We called hart, and finally GC matched the price I brought for the epedal in an interstate music catalog.

The hart pedal was worth the wait. It's rugged, lifetime guaranteed, and has a metal jack for the control cable. The feel is great. The dm pro responds better than expected with a Velocity conrol pedal.

If you need help getting the variable hat pedal to work with your dm pro, go to the yahoo dm pro user group and read the post I put there with instructions on how to accomplish this. Some folks have had difficulties Understanding TFM.

An fd-7 would work fine on the dm pro, I just am not a fan of plastic jack sockets. They break and are not readily available as replacement parts.

I would recommend the hart epedal for use with the td-8's and td-10's also. It works. Roland would like for you to believe that you'll be sorry if you don't buy an fd-7.

Comment

Further,

You might want to go to

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmpro

and do a search on fd-7.

Comment

Working...
                              X