Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Visu-Lite Cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visu-Lite Cymbals

I was all ready to make the change over to Hart eCymbal II's, but now I just checked out the Visu-Lite Cymbals because of all the talk around here. Anyway, does anyone have a full set of these that they use? What is the High-Hat like, and how does it work? What about the ride, does it take up 2 inputs if you only want 2 sounds from it (ride and bell). How are the crashes? Do they come with springs? Do any of the cymbals come with any hardware for that matter? What do they sounds like when they are hit? Are the louder than a PD?
    :rolleyes:

As you probably read in my post, I am really happy with my china. It is a little loader than the PD-7 or 9 but not much. Remember I have been playing mostly with head phones I have not notice it being all that loud. This weekend I will be able to test it through a good PA and I will let you know how it does. I have whacked it a couple of times with out head phones and the difference seems to be minimal at least compared to my Roland V-Cymbals. I have added an Aquarian cymbal spring just for added protection but it played fine just mounting it to a cymbal stand like a normal cymbal. When I get the 10" size to use as a splash I will not use the cymbal spring because the cymbal will be mounted rather flat. My china has a pretty good angle on it so I added the cymbal spring to help reduce and hopefully stop wear at the cymbal mounting hole. I am concern about this wear on my new v-cymbals also because there is signs of it already.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

I have added an Aquarian cymbal spring just for added protection but it played fine just mounting it to a cymbal stand like a normal cymbal.
      +++What are these, and where do you get them? Also, about what do they cost?

Does the ride take up 1 or 2 inputs if you are only going to use it as a two zone. They have the small video of the ride on their site, and it sounded cool....what brain are the using.

Comment

Go here http://www.aquariandrumheads.com/pro...play.asp?id=24 to see the cymbal springs. I paid around $8 for mine.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

I've posted some pics of my VPro/Visulite kit - I have 6 opaque black Visulites - because of the room clutter and the fact that they're black, it's hard to see them sometimes.
          http://communities.msn.com/LouisEric...ms.msnw?Page=1

Comment

Thanks for the pics. What do you use for a ride? Do you use a PD9???

Comment

Cool pics, Louis.....
              TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Yeah it's a PD9. I'd get a Vride and a Vhihat except we're saving for our vacation.

One thing I noticed tonight at practice is that the cymbals are much more glossy than they appear in the pictures. They really reflect the lights well.

Also, the 14" and higher cyms have a 'teardrop' mounting hole. This makes the cymbals return to the proper position. If you notice in the pictures, all the cyms have the rubber in the correct position except the 12" on the far left. This is great because you can leave the cymbals nice and loose (no springs necessary) and they'll still go right back into place.

Comment

Nice kit Louis! Where do you keep your TD10? I didn't see it on your rack.

Comment

Hey Louis, I see your rubber pads don't stick to the cymbals any better than mine do! I'm going to glue it down, but thought I might try slightly thicker rubber first. I only have a china, which doesn't require a lot of soft-touch triggering.

Have you thought about trying to remove the Visu-lite logo? I think I'm going to soak mine in warm water for a month or two.

------------------
                    Reverend Poppy
                    Reverend Poppy

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Poppy:
                      Have you thought about trying to remove the Visu-lite logo? I think I'm going to soak mine in warm water for a month or two.
                      If the logo is glued-on, just peel it off and remove the leftover residue with lighter fluid. It won't harm the fiberglass or metal. (I couldn't resist -- lighter fluid is my favorite heavy-duty cleaning agent. Takes the wax off surfboards like there's no tomorrow.)
                      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments. The TD10 is not shown in the picture, but is usually kept on the left side of the rack. It sits atop a rack of other gear I have.

Also, in the pics, all the drum cables are tied down to the rack with zip-ties. The cymbals also get ziptied before going on stage, so that you cannot see any cables at all from the audience.

As far as the rubber, yes, the corners were lifting off when I receieved them. It didn't bother me enough to do anything about it, since no one in the audience can see it. Interestingly enough, they corners are actually starting to lie down after about a month.

Also, I haven't noticed any logo's on my cymbals except the plate that goes over the area where the trigger is mounted. I did notice the logo in some pictures from Visu-lite's websites. <shrug> Maybe they don't put them on the black ones. I actually wouldn't mind if they did though.

Comment

Working...
                        X