Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Used TD8 or New TD6 Brain??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used TD8 or New TD6 Brain??

I was asked to recommend a reasonably priced e-setup (under $1500) for another teenage drum student who really loves our TD-10. I'm primarily asking about the brain but all comments would be welcome. Is there a reason to buy a used TD8 over a new TD6 brain? Is the Roland KC100 amp totally gutless?
    Here is the planned setup. If anyone has any of these things for cheap to help a kid out, please let me know!

TD6 Brain or used TD8
    used Rack
    PD120 Snare
    Pintech Ergo kick or used Roland KD7
    Pintech HH10CV hi hat pedal or used FD7
    3 pintech cc101 mesh triggers as toms
    2 Roland cy6 as crash and ride
    Roland pd6 pad as hihat
    Roland KC100 Amp
    All comments appreciated. Howard

Originally posted by Drummersdad:
    Is there a reason to buy a used TD8 over a new TD6 brain?
    Howard,

I recently checked out the TD-6. To me, the sounds are almost identical to those found in the TD-8. I don't believe there is positional sensing with the TD-6 (the TD-8 has it on the snare) and there are no "v-edit" kits on the TD-6 (although you can make other basic adjustments). The TD-6 also doesn't have any faders to make gain adjustments on the fly. However, I do think it would be a good module for those who are interested in getting into electronic drumming on a limited budget.

Doug

Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

I agree with Dough. Especially for students the emphasis should be on playing. Not on editing. In fact: even for us the emphasis should be on playing ...
      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
        In fact: even for us the emphasis should be on playing ... [/B]

Ditto.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

Working...
        X