Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used TD8 or New TD6 Brain??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used TD8 or New TD6 Brain??

I was asked to recommend a reasonably priced e-setup (under $1500) for another teenage drum student who really loves our TD-10. I'm primarily asking about the brain but all comments would be welcome. Is there a reason to buy a used TD8 over a new TD6 brain? Is the Roland KC100 amp totally gutless?
    Here is the planned setup. If anyone has any of these things for cheap to help a kid out, please let me know!

TD6 Brain or used TD8
    used Rack
    PD120 Snare
    Pintech Ergo kick or used Roland KD7
    Pintech HH10CV hi hat pedal or used FD7
    3 pintech cc101 mesh triggers as toms
    2 Roland cy6 as crash and ride
    Roland pd6 pad as hihat
    Roland KC100 Amp
    All comments appreciated. Howard

Originally posted by Drummersdad:
    Is there a reason to buy a used TD8 over a new TD6 brain?
    Howard,

I recently checked out the TD-6. To me, the sounds are almost identical to those found in the TD-8. I don't believe there is positional sensing with the TD-6 (the TD-8 has it on the snare) and there are no "v-edit" kits on the TD-6 (although you can make other basic adjustments). The TD-6 also doesn't have any faders to make gain adjustments on the fly. However, I do think it would be a good module for those who are interested in getting into electronic drumming on a limited budget.

Doug

Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

I agree with Dough. Especially for students the emphasis should be on playing. Not on editing. In fact: even for us the emphasis should be on playing ...
      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
        In fact: even for us the emphasis should be on playing ... [/B]

Ditto.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

Working...
        X