Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

If you own V-Pro, please read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you own V-Pro, please read this

I'm strongly considering buying a v-pro set from musiciansfriend.com for $3300. I have two questions: the first, and most important is regiarding rim triggers. According to numerous websites, only the 12-inch v-pads have working rim triggers. the two 10-inch "rack toms" just have rubber rims. Is this true? also, when dealing with the rim triggers, is it possible to assign them their own individual, non-rimshot sound? my second question is: does anyone know where I can get them cheaper? so far 3300 seems to be the lowest I can find, but I'm positive that SOMEWHERE out there, someone's got a cheaper set. another nice thing is that musiciansfriend.com is offering free ground shipping on items over $199, and I would assume that shipping charges for a set of v-pros would be pretty substantial. So let me know what you think. Thanks

Z-Zounds has the V-Pro for way less then that check the link for Z-Zounds at news page. You will be able to add the TDW-1 for less than the $3300. If you get the TDW-1 send it to Roland before you install it to add the V-Cymbal upgrade for free.(Call Roland for an RA# first) Only the 12" pads are dual trigger(mesh heads only) the rubber pads are all dual trigger. NOW HERE IS THE CATCH only the snare input can trigger the rim sound on the PD-120(12" mesh head) to me it is not a big deal any more but when I went from the TD-7 kit to the V-Pro I thought it would be a problem but it really is not. If you want extra pads you still have 2 inputs left in the TD-10 that are not used in the V-Pro set-up. If you plan I getting and using the new ride to the fullest you only have 1 more input not 2 since the new ride takes the aux 1 input. You can get used PD-7 and 9 at a nice price on eBay, as a matter of fact soon I will be placing some on eBay(1 PD-9, 4 PD-7's and a KD-7 with no beater) I would opt for another PD-7 to use for percusion stuff. I now have a V-pro set that has become a session set with an SPD-11 and a Visu-Lite china. The rim sounds can be set seperate and don't have to be rim shot sounds. If dual triggering on all the toms are important you could replace the mesh tom heads with PD-9's. If extra inputs are the issue search the tech forum for shack apaptor tricks. I hope this helps.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

The Z-Zounds web site has "Non-Factory Sealed" V-Pro sets for $2799.95. You probably should act fast, however, since many of the specials posted earlier this week are already sold out.
      Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

I was at Sam Ash music in L.A. about a month ago. They had in-the-box TDW-10 upgraded V-Pro kits for $2,999.00

------------------
        Reverend Poppy
        Reverend Poppy

Comment

Working...
        X